Open search

Call recorder

Highlighted
Apprentice

Mr. Ryan,

To clarify...

• I do not use the loudspeaker.
  • The phone is at my ear.
  • I use my phone while driving, in public, at the store, etc with good recordings.
  • I am truly sorry yours does not work but just because yours does not work does not mean that you can say that the recording app does not work on all Samsung Galaxy S9/S10 phones. Right?

I am not trying to cause problems. Just trying to give a sliver of hope to some desperate soul who may have a US version of the S9/S10 that at least one person (me) has gotten good results with one phone recording app. I do not guarantee that all phones are capable of that.

Thanks.

Richard

Highlighted
Apprentice

Richard if it works like you say then you have some form of loop hole. I’ve read the policy that google have made and it’s given all 3rd party recording apps until the 9th of March to stop it working or they will be in breach of the new ruling and kicked out of the play store so enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Thanks

R

Highlighted
Apprentice

Ok

Highlighted
Voyager

Back to the issue at hand for those who don’t have the ability to record using the 3rd party apps it’s due to a google policy please see the link below ( you may need to join Reddit however it’s a great benefit as the discussion is up to date and relates to other devices) 

https://www.reddit.com/r/androiddev/comments/abh353/guidelines_for_call_recorder_apps_for_googles_ja...

Highlighted
Navigator

@ColoradoRicardo wrote:

Ryan.... why is it so important that you are able to declare that you are right?

Ok.... if you want to be right then go ahead and proclaim rightness. I don't care.

All I know is that mine works fine anywhere and I get nice, clear recordings wherever I use it, car, shopping, playing, whatever.

That is all. Good night.

Richard

That's all I ask of a recorder.

If 

@ColoradoRicardo It's not neccesary to attack other people in this forum just to point out that you're alright with everything and that you're happy to have an artificially crippled product because it suits you to huddle in a quiet corner to make call recordings. People here are complaining about a real issue with their product that wasn't part of the deal at the time of purchase. People rely on being able to make quality legible call recordings for business and legal purposes, or just to remind them if they are forgetful and for other personal reasons. Features have been forcefully removed from the handset without the consent of the owner, notifications that won't go away, annoying, irritating and inconveniencing the customer some months or even years after purchase, features that the phone was bought with. This is tantamount to theft. It is fraud and also a major inconvenience to people who once were able to record without having to resort to finding a quiet room somewhere just to be able to make a mediocre quality call recording.

Lashing out against members here isn't going to change that fact and simply shows that you really don't want to accept that others have a real issue with this. My suggestion is that you cease and dissist your attitude towards other members in this thread who are describing a real issue and also calling you out on it NOT actually working on your handset either. You're obviously trying to get a negative response from others. Please stop unless you have something informative to add, as is with all my replies here.

Navigator

@ColoradoRicardo wrote:

Mr. Rapturoso,

Ok...... so let's beat this dead horse some more...

So you are saying that the recording quality is inadequate or unacceptable and therefore the recording app is no good. Right?

Do you mind if I keep using it since my recordings (even in my vehicle and other non-quiet venues) are all good?

Thanks.

Richard

OK, so you don't have a problem so why are you still trying to argue a moot point? It's already been stated that you didn't realise you were not directly recording the remote party and you have admitted that your phone isn't directly recording the voice link digitally and directly.

Also sarcasm isn't welcome here so please don't ask sarcastic questions. It's not clever or funny and just brings the whole mood down. I'm sure people here are far from entertained with your procrastinating insistence for trolling. I'll no longer be feeding you any ammunition as this has now declined into you trolling everyone in this thread. You had what you needed 5 replies ago and were happy with your crippled device then and nothing has changed since, so what are you still doing here? Good bye.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I'm going to say it one more time SIR..... I get good recordings regardless of what room I'm in and what circumstance I'm in. Why do you insist on changing what I am saying. 

I'll leave you guys alone to rant and rave and misstate posters comments to suit your agenda.

Jeez..... get a life Man!

Bye

Highlighted
Apprentice

Richard your a first time poster here and we have said thank you for your input but you have clearly tried to attack Ryan’s points, however you look at it he had provided probably the best information since he found out Boldbeast was up and running on Oreo and was also quick to share when other become available. It’s brilliant that there is a link which has all the information I was looking for to understand what’s gone on instead of trying to get useless excuses from Samsung customer services who I don’t think really understand the problem (UK). 

All he has done is point out like other members that ACR cube is not working and that he’s quite happy that it works for you and thanked you for your input, however each and every time you have come back with some sarcastic remark rather than accept he’s point and now you are doing this with other members please move on.

Highlighted
Explorer

I know this is not only Samsung and other companies too are doing this but this is a Samsung forum. I have read most information that is out there about the issue. The thing is Samsung could have led by example and just ignore Google shenanigans. Samsung could call Google publicly out for helping scammers with their shady API changes. But they decided to join the gang instead.

If it has turned out that all manufacturers decided to follow this insanity, then when looking for my next phone, I would foremost check how easy it to root one.

I think I simplified too much how should one deal with it. There are great resources out there that show how to deal with manufacturers - for example "Which?" - when problem occurs and I would use that.

Top Liked Authors