Support

Open search

Call recorder

Highlighted
Voyager

So everything I said to begin with including the link I added explaining in-depth detail was right no call recorder works on the Samsung! 

Recording a call through loud speaker is by no means a way of call recording you need to be basically in a silent room for that to work which worked for me using ACR cube.

Highlighted
Voyager

@Caffrey 

sorry if I forgot to reply to you it doesn’t look like there will be a work around for this update like the developers did with the S9 when they released them. 

Here’s loads of information on Reddit which goes into detail what’s gone on, it even gives possible fixes so well worth a read. It also gives you information on how to contact Google’s legal department to make a complaint (which I suggest doing if you have time) 

I’m sorry with the bad news and it certainly sucks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/androiddev/comments/abh353/guidelines_for_call_recorder_apps_for_googles_ja...

Highlighted
Voyager
@MHCB2009

Yes totally agree if enough people complain maybe Google will re-think there plan to rule this out which is totally unfair to the developers and users.

If you read the link it tells you how to contact the legal team at google to make a complaint straight to them including if you purchased a call recorder for example ACR Pro and Boldbeast, you may need to install the Reddit app.

https://www.reddit.com/r/androiddev/comments/abh353/guidelines_for_call_recorder_apps_for_googles_ja...
Navigator

@ColoradoRicardo wrote:

Okay...... 

As I've already stated, the recording does not work with Bluetooth. I'm ok with that. If it's a call I want to record I just remove my headset or turn off Bluetooth and my call gets recorded with nice volume and no static.

Stepping back to look at the big picture however... whatever method is used to record my calls is completely irrelevant to me. I just want them recorded so I can save them and use them in the future if I need to. And that is what my phone is doing.

CUBE ACR is not perfect but for me, it is the best game in town. That's the bottom line.

Richard

The thing you neglect to mention though and this is a massive deal breaker, is that microphone recording of calls does not work in noisy environments as the caller will not be recorded correctly and will be nearly completely occluded by other conversations and noises going on in the background. The simple fact that it works for you is only because you are trying to record in relatively calm environments. For most usage cases this is unacceptable because most of the audio from the other side will become unintelligible when recording in ralatively noisy environments.

Highlighted
Voyager

I get it it works for you, what about the fact it’s on loud speaker so effectively you can’t have a private conversation in public ACR cube is clearly not a way users can use this as a workaround. In saying that I’m glad it works for you and sharing with others whom may be in a similar situation. 

Highlighted
Explorer

I don't think complaints will do anything, especially to a legal department of multi-billion company. Only thing that can hurt is voting with your wallet.

I can understand that new Samsung phone may have shiny super features but no call recording in the world full of scammers disqualify it as a phone.  If Samsung and Google are helping scammers by disabling call recording facility it means they will have no business with me.

Every now and then I have to click to dismiss notification about updating my phone. I have not updated my phone since I purchased it and they don't let me disable that notification. This is my last Samsung phone and I have been a loyal customer. Once this phone (S9) dies I will by a new phone that will have call recording enabled.

If they see that their sales drop then they will reconsider because this is only thing that matters. Complaints don't matter at all.

Apart from that, you can spread awarness that these phones cannot record calls. You see, if I knew that the product is potentially faulty (because can't record calls) I wouldn't have bought it. If it turned out my S9 had somehow this feature disabled I would have taken them to Small Claims Court and reported a fraud.

Highlighted
Voyager
It’s not just Samsung it’s other phone manufacturers, the developers had to stop the ability to work, not just Samsung if you want to know more click on one of the links I’ve attached for more information.

Just quickly to touch on complaints to the legal department if you purchased a product and they changed the policy which has disabled the facility or use if that app then I believe you have a case going forward at the very least a refund, again if you want in-depth info please check the Reddit link.
Highlighted
Apprentice

Ryan.... why is it so important that you are able to declare that you are right?

Ok.... if you want to be right then go ahead and proclaim rightness. I don't care.

All I know is that mine works fine anywhere and I get nice, clear recordings wherever I use it, car, shopping, playing, whatever.

That is all. Good night.

Richard

That's all I ask of a recorder.

If 

Highlighted
Voyager

Confused by this one Richard ? 

Im simply pointing people in the direction of information which clears up what’s going on.

ive already said I’m glad yours works and your happy with that, I to could carry a tape recorder round with me and talk to people on loud speaker it would probably be clearer in louder backgrounds. 

Ive simply states ACR cube is not a resolution to the problem!

Highlighted
Apprentice

Mr. Rapturoso,

Ok...... so let's beat this dead horse some more...

So you are saying that the recording quality is inadequate or unacceptable and therefore the recording app is no good. Right?

Do you mind if I keep using it since my recordings (even in my vehicle and other non-quiet venues) are all good?

Thanks.

Richard

Top Liked Authors