Support

Open search

Call recorder

Highlighted
Apprentice

Richard, Maybe you didn’t do the most recent software update? Mine was working perfectly until I agreed to the software update.  Wonder if we can remove the update?

Highlighted
Apprentice

My phone did the most recent update last night. I just made a call to check it out and it still works great.

Richard

Highlighted
Apprentice

Slightly jealous, glad it’s working for you Richard, I’m in the UK and nothing works here some out so bad that even your own voice is distorted. I may look to buy one and import from the US (worst case scenario.

I do wonder with the new policy that Google has thrown at all the manufacturers to adhere to the google play policy if that may change, it’s such a shame, particularly it is totally legal to record your calls.

Highlighted
Navigator

@ColoradoRicardo wrote:

My phone did the most recent update last night. I just made a call to check it out and it still works great.

Richard

Richard, have you tried using Cube ACR with the earpiece call volume to minimum? It would be interesting to know your results.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I wonder if the service provider makes a difference. Did u purchase the phone through Verizon or another service and could it be jailbroken?

Highlighted
Apprentice

I think I answered this before, but yes, I tried that. It made the other side's voice quieter but even at the lowest volume setting I could still hear what they said.

Richard

Highlighted
Apprentice

My S9+ phone was purchased in the Xfinity (Comcast) store and my S10+ phone was purchased online from Xfinity.

Richard

Navigator

@ColoradoRicardo wrote:

I think I answered this before, but yes, I tried that. It made the other side's voice quieter but even at the lowest volume setting I could still hear what they said.

Richard

So there you have it. Direct call recording does NOT work on your phone. You are microphone recording a conversation from the other side that is being played through the earpiece speaker and subsequently recording the speaker with your on board microphone to be able to hear the other side, you are not directly recording the other side. If you were, the volume setting would have no effect on the recording volume. Pretty much useless for all of us that use headsets and Bluetooth.

Try it with a headset, wireless earbuds or anything Bluetooth and I'm sure you will report that you cannot hear the other side at all. Case closed.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Sorry man........ it sucks not being able to record calls.

Richard

Highlighted
Apprentice

Okay...... 

As I've already stated, the recording does not work with Bluetooth. I'm ok with that. If it's a call I want to record I just remove my headset or turn off Bluetooth and my call gets recorded with nice volume and no static.

Stepping back to look at the big picture however... whatever method is used to record my calls is completely irrelevant to me. I just want them recorded so I can save them and use them in the future if I need to. And that is what my phone is doing.

CUBE ACR is not perfect but for me, it is the best game in town. That's the bottom line.

Richard

Top Liked Authors