Support

Open search

Call recorder

Navigator

@finlirarn wrote:

(Sorry for asking, but this long thread is a bit ambigious... So here comes a question)

Does S9 plus, with Android pie, have call recording enabled in EU?

Either as inbuilt feature or app, and/or with third party apps, such as ACR. 

If it is different for different countries , then please let me know which countries where it is working. 

I also would like to know if there are any other countries (outside Sweden) where call recording is working (on an S9 plus with Android Pie). If so, which countr/y/ies?

Thanks

No it does not.  Android Pie with the Samsung One UI on the S9 and S9 plus EU version completely disables all call recording features of every programme on the Google Play store including every mode that BoldBeast Call Recorder offers. You  can not record the other party with any app unless you root your phone, invalidate the warranty and open  your phone up to multiple security risks.

Explorer

Hi, 

It seems like there is a built-in call recorder on the Indian version of the S9. There are several "how to" videos on YouTube. Nevertheless, at least I couldn't find a way to enable the native call recording feature without rooting the phone - which I am reluctant to do.

I wish samsung would roll it out globally with the S10 but I guess it's just wishful thinking...

First Poster

I have galaxy s9Exynos chip) with the new android 9 from Romania and i'm using Cube ACR recorder (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.catalinagroup.callrecorder&hl=en).

In the app in settings-recordings-phone recording audio source-i have it on Voice call (software)  and it works great. 

Explorer
Can someone with android 9 verify this? It would be amazing if Cube ACR found a loophole thanks Delm0nd0!
Highlighted
Navigator
4me not working
Record but very quiet, worst like boldbeast
Navigator

@Celone wrote:
Can someone with android 9 verify this? It would be amazing if Cube ACR found a loophole thanks Delm0nd0!

No. Cube does not work with Android 9 Pie on the Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus. It relies on the external microphone to record the other caller and it's just as bad as all the other apps that do the same thing.

Navigator

@Delm0nd0 wrote:

I have galaxy s9Exynos chip) with the new android 9 from Romania and i'm using Cube ACR recorder (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.catalinagroup.callrecorder&hl=en).

In the app in settings-recordings-phone recording audio source-i have it on Voice call (software)  and it works great. 

This software is not recording the call, it's recording the external microphone. If you use it at low volume or with a headset it will not record anything from the other side. Just another microphone recorder like all the rest of those fakers on the Play store. Utter rubbish.

First Poster

I didn't try recording with headphones,  but with a normal call it works.  There is an option in cube acr in recordings Phone calls clarity improvements, i have it set to Max,  it boosts the audio.  Maybe it's recording thgroug the microphone but you can hear the conversation realy good,  it's usable. . Until something else is released. The only other option is to root your phone for now. 

Explorer

Alright, thank you all for the feedback. I guess for me personally it is not an option as I use my Bluetooth headset for almost all my phone conversations. Still, I would see it as an emergency option for others. Thanks for sharing!

Navigator

@Delm0nd0 wrote:

I didn't try recording with headphones,  but with a normal call it works.  There is an option in cube acr in recordings Phone calls clarity improvements, i have it set to Max,  it boosts the audio.  Maybe it's recording thgroug the microphone but you can hear the conversation realy good,  it's usable. . Until something else is released. The only other option is to root your phone for now. 

Unfrortuately for those who use headsets and Bluetooth, especially those who require confidence and security with important calls that need to be recorded, microphone recording is not an option as the high volume hack of recording the earpiece above the screen with the top microphone opens the call to prying ears, making any microphone recording software unusable. It might be OK for unimportant calls where confidence is not needed but the types of calls that required recording are usually related to contracts, litigation, criminal, civil or other legal matters and this is where microphone recording is unsuitable because of it's insecure nature.

Top Liked Authors