Support

Open search

Call recorder

Explorer

Hi Ryan

Thanks 

Actually Ivrey ACR no use and the boldbeast asking me to root my phone and the its will work , which I'm refusing to do as I will lose my warranty. 

Hope so soon we will have solutions .

Both links I'm sharing already mi issues and no use till now. 

Last advised who ever the call recording is important him better don't update to Pie android because I will lose the call recording option.

Regards 

First Poster

Hi, i also dont see call recording feature in my S9, did you manage to find solution?

Explorer
Hi, unfortunately no solution yet. I'm still reluctant to upgrade to Android Pie due to the call recording limitations. Rooting seems to be a solution, but then you would lose OTA update capabilities. So for now, I'll stay on Android 8. @all: Please share if you found a solution running ACR or any other call recording app on Android 9. Cheers!
First Poster

I didn't have this feature even when using Android 8, now using Android 9 Pie but still call recording not available, may be its restricted in UAE or by Operator but this features is not enabled, not making any sense to restrict / block this useful feature .. will update if find any solution.

Voyager

Hi guys thanks for questions and answers.

Im in the UK and all is working fine here, Samsung have blocked all recording apps if there is any dispute to local Law in regards to recording calls. 

My only advise is to check local Law and speak with Samsung customer service in your Country/region check with them, they will probably tell you it’s nothing to do with them it’s to do with the 3rd party apps but what you need to establish is the Law.

Go to the app developer they are normally quite helpful and have there own forums which are app specific (I found that to be helpful to me using ACR)

I hope that helps, if so please come back and share you experience.

Explorer
Hi everyone
Actually most of app developers asking to root our phones but not useful for us to do that.
If any have solutions share it please.
Regards
First Poster

Hi,

Simply, call recording via 3rd party apps (like ACR or boldbeast or whatever) has been blocked by Google in Android Pie. There is NO workaround besides rooting the phone (which is not an option for most users, due to security issues, warranty policy, not working features like Google Pay etc.). 

Call recording is available ONLY for built-in applications, like default dialer.

Ironically, Samsung HAS this feature available in their default Phone application, but this is DISABLED for most of the phone variants (or CSC settings in Samsung world). I have no idea how to convice Samsung to enable this native feature in countries where call recording is completely legal, like in most EU countries (with some exceptions like Germany). Unfortunately, it's opposite: Samsung disabled it by default and enabled in a few markets: probably in UK, Vietnam, Korea, maybe some few other countries.

I DO NOT understand these policies:  both Samsung and Google are ignoring their customers.

Since call recording saved my life a LOT of times so far, I've decided NOT to update my phone to Android 9. I will use Oreo until Samsung (or Google) changed their rules, or the device is dead. After that, call recording feature availability will be one of my top priorities when looking for a replacement phone - there are some brands which provides this feature out of the box, so no reason to stick to Samsung (unfortunately...)

Navigator
There is any chance to unlock this call recorder ?
First Poster

By user? Only rooting the phone.

By Samsung? Just their decision to add one option to the configuration in CSC 

Highlighted
Navigator
And by app developers?
Top Liked Authors