Support

Open search

Call recorder

Voyager

Most call recording apps have now released updates to enable call recording on Exynos devices on the S9 models. They all seem stable even with Samsung's last 2 updates.

Explorer

@Ryan23 wrote:

Most call recording apps have now released updates to enable call recording on Exynos devices on the S9 models. They all seem stable even with Samsung's last 2 updates.

Call recording rolling out to some Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ after latest update

Samsung released the May security update for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ not too long ago. It added the latest security patch along with call recording on devices from certain regions. This was noticed by Reddit user The-Mentalist who took a screenshot of the call recording option in the in-call UI.

This update is build number G960FXXU1BRE5 and G965FXXU1BRE3. It has rolled out to several countries, including Russia, Switzerland, Spain, Romania, Netherlands, and in the UK. More countries should get the update in the near future. The time you receive this update will depend on your carrier and country of residence.

Call recording seems to be rolling out in the United Kingdom on devices running this latest patch. Call recording without consent is illegal in some countries and states, which is why this is not a universal feature. California, for example, requires both parties on the phone to consent to be recorded. If you do not have consent from both parties it is considered a wire-tap. Laws like that are some of the reasons why call recording can’t be a universal feature on all phones and can’t be released to all countries.

First Poster

Excellent, i beleive mines is working too, not sure if its intermittent.... this is very important for me as i will NEVER buy any phone other than a samsung..... thank you sammy, also a bit peeved that there are a lot of icrap fanboys here

Apprentice

Apprentice

What I do not get is the recording of Wi-Fi calls ... any advice other than disconnecting it?

thanks

Highlighted
Navigator

WiFi Call recording is currently not possible. You will find that most call recorder software producers will advise that you must disable WiFi Calling to use call recording successfully. Technically it is possible as it's just another sound stream to be captured but currently no call recorder offers this functionality. 

Voyager

Hi JOXBEX

Rapturoso is right there is no app as far as I'm aware that supports WiFi calling. It's really frustrating as I quite often forget to switch off and mid call have to repeat the call. 

Whichever app your using send them a message to see if they have a workaround to this issue or working on enabling this as a feature in an update (never hurts to ask)

Apprentice

I tried ACR app after the latest update, it seemed to be working good, let me observer for a couple of days...

I am bit relaxed now

Voyager

Yeah I'm using ACR Pro and in contact with the developer frequently, this is a link to his official page regarding call recording (feel free to ask him any questions @COPLUK is his username) 

https://bitbucket.org/copluk/acr/issues/1839/kb-samsung-android-8-call-recording-issues

First Poster

I have  S9+ , today I downloaded ACR version free and I have full recording, both me and my party are recorded.

Top Liked Authors