Call recorder

Explorer

can samsung help with this issue or not how can we contact with samsung 

Highlighted
Navigator

No  he don't help us ! He don't care what a people say 

In my opinion this is a rubbish 

1 why the block any calls even the country like UK call recording is LEGAL 

2 why different phone also with android 8 can record all calls the also have Google android so no one blocking that option 

Sony or LG or Huawei 

3 only samsung block 

I write to support only they say Google change some local law that's why also samsung blocking all exynos 

If Google want blocking any third party calls recorders why they not kick all app from Google store ? 

I'm so angry ! Samsung is a last my phone from samsung  ! 

First Poster

This is seriousy an unacceptable change. I spoke to the guys at samsung and they say that its google privacy issue but i just dont see how other phones can have it while only samsung needs to follow it. They say its the phone system and not a software issue thus cannot be reversed. Its seriously bad and me too wanna just want a refund on my S9 plus.

Explorer

I've been trying to find this mythical "Google Security Policy", but it is nowhere to be found. My suspicion is that they have sold faulty phones and now are trying to build a story for that.

If that security policy was true, then surely they would have linked to that so everyone could see, no?

First Poster

i totallly agree with you. it all seems so farce. And just like the Samsung Screen just going dead at several places is a fault so is this call recording thing. I too could not find any google privacy policy on this

Voyager

Hi Guys and welcome new members (I don't work for Samsung)

I started this thread as I was in the same position you are all in now. I've spent weeks reading the small print on Google's security policy based on local law. Their is nothing I haven't come across 1 shred of evidence nor link in other threads I'm following. 

I can really only reliably speak for the UK as that's where I am.

Call recording does not work on Exynos S9 models (Snapdragon works fine Asian market)

Calling customer services won't get you anywhere theve had enough calls now that they are aware of the issue they are ready to blame Google's security policy (this is all of the EU)

There is a fault with the S9 devices which a lot of people don't pick up on because we are all so focused on the call recording feature not working (Samsung have released an official responce to say they will release there own app and not use 3rd party apps please see my previous replies in this tread for more info)

The phones fault is the calls going silent on you not the caller they can hear you, so my advice is get rid of the phones go down that road "problems with silent calls" and get a different device. If you want a Samsung that works in the EU and UK in a previous responce I've added a link to a store where I purchased mine which works perfectly and also cost a lot less than the UK price. 

Any questions please feel free to ask I'm glad there is more of us complaining as this will have an affect putting pressure on them to sort this if possible (remember I have copied and pasted an official response in a previous comment)

Thanks guys for the likes makes my efforts in researching worth while.

Navigator

Of course. If you go onto the Samsung website and select the TV and entertainment products and then Contact Us for customer support you will see a free phone number which you can call to make a complaint 0330 7267864. I have done this a month or so ago and also made sure I got someone on the case and ensured I got a call back regarding this.

If more people complain it will get Samsung to do something about this quicker. They have already announced that they will be looking into this so we have their feathers ruffled. Don't give up! We will get out third party app call recording back very soon. Keep up the good work with the legal complaints and statements that you can no longer use your phones for work!

Navigator

This attitude is exactly what Samsung expect. No complaints upheld, no nagging, no follow-ups. This won't help the millions of customers who already have an S9 and can't take it back! Keep up with the pressure and Samsung will fold on This issue. Expect a firmware update in the next month if we do this continuously!

Navigator

It's not a Google issue at all. Samsung will tell you anything. Know the law in the UK. We have RIPA and a legal right to continue to use the Android API for third party app call recording. Keep pestering them. Get noticed. It will be worth it. I did. I keep getting calls back from Samsung asking about my experience. They are obviously concerned!

Navigator

@pablox wrote:

I've been trying to find this mythical "Google Security Policy", but it is nowhere to be found. My suspicion is that they have sold faulty phones and now are trying to build a story for that.

If that security policy was true, then surely they would have linked to that so everyone could see, no?

It's not a policy. As I mentioned before, Samsung will tell you anything in a hope that their stupidity and laziness in coding a UK specific firmware will be brushed under the carpet. Keep pushing and saying how angry you are with this. State law, remind the m of RIPA and that we are not subject to EU law where call recording is concerned and that you're totally annoyed and angry that you've lost call recording for personal reference which you relied upon 100% on your previous Samsung devices. They will cave. I've already had 2 replies from Samsung concerned with my experience. Don't give up!

Top Liked Authors