Support

Open search

Call recorder

First Poster

Hi , how can we do it ? Do you have an address that u can share with us ? 

Navigator

There should be a Hong Kong official Samsung firmware available soon for the S9+ which should not have the artificial blocks imposed on the Android call recording API. This I have been lead to believe by XDA Developers forum can be flashed without rooting, blowing e-fuses or voiding any warranty as it comes directly from Samsung for Exynos S9 and S9+ devices, something which Samsung should have already done for the UK but have not bothered.

Voyager

If you want one now I've copied the URL to this link it's a 256gb version however his shop offers different types and colours.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S9-Plus-256GB-Black-Dual-SIM-G9650-Unlocked-S9-1-Year-Warran...

Apprentice

Someone mentioned that Vietnam firmware has native call recorder enabled but  I didn't find confirmation. Anyway, this is my first Samsung smartphone and I'm totally disappointed of their software developer team and Samsung support. 

Everyone complained about black problems , call cutting and lack of call recording. They released update that fixed absolutely nothing of the above problems. On the other hand they have the self-esteem to sell high-end business class device lacking main functionality like call recording and do nothing to fix it ,regardless the fact that call recording is totally forbidden in only 10 countries,  all the others have one or two party acknowledgment. And this is total deprivation of our rights .

Voyager

Yep totally disgraceful I'm glad more people are finding my app. Their is only talk of an update to be released but we all know how often Samsung do that. Time to get out of the S9 or plus and stick with a pre virus model (don't update it) although I do have a friend running Oreo 8 on the Note 8 and is working fine it seems to be the chipset (exynos) being the issue. You can buy a phone outright from the link in my previous message follow that which will take you to a shop on eBay (UK) from whom I've purchased and had fantastic service.

Navigator

I know it's a pain and would seem easier to return the handset especially if you're still within your '30 day' return period, which I might add is a policy of the retailer's, not law, which makes it pretty much a joke because trading legislation allows for up to 6 years regarding latent defect and fitness for purpose. Anyway...

With us taking the phones back to the retailer, Samsung just recycles and ends up giving the phone to some other poor bugger. Also it's not the retailers fault yet we all seem to think returning the phones to them and getting an alternative is the best course of action. It's not. It doesn't solve the issue and it also needlessly makes more work for the retailers who are effectively not responsible for the screwed firmware. The retailers do have a responsibility to their customers but they were in the dark about this as much as we were. I'm not saying don't return the phone, all I'm saying it think about the little effort it will take to complain directly to Samsung with the correct information about their draconian blanket coverage and laziness not making a UK specific firmware when all other nations get theirs.

For all the people that actually give a toss, it would be in our best interests to get onto their website and select the option to contact them and make a formal complaint after getting through to their electronics support line. They have to record the complaint and respond and if they get a glut of complaints rather than a pissy trickle then this would get them thinking and we might even see a new UK specific firmware.

If we don't complain then we won't get anywhere. So what are you all waiting for?

Voyager

As far as I know everyone on here and other threads I'm involved with has done. Their is no need to contact CS as they don't have a clue. I've been told that I would get a response over 2 weeks ago. I received my phone as part of the pre release and luckily noticed the issue straight away but I originally went after the developer (ACR) in my case. Complaining to Sasmung is falling on deaf ears if people stop buying the phone and hand them back then that will make a dent in their books and be noticed rather than complaints. Once your into your contract your not accountable to Samsung but the network so your screwed which ever way you go.

I'm done with complaining trying to follow up on complaints getting told I'd get a call back no response to emails. 

So as I see it, i don't care the retailers have to do extra work and couldn't care less if they knew or not. The phone is mine and cost me a lot of money and doesn't do something I need it to do, so why am I going to keep it and wait for possibly a update or worry about the retailer? 

Hand all the phones back dont buy them, will get noticed not complaints and your be able to buy one that has the function we all use in previous replies I've shared a link for UK buyers to get hold of a phone from a shop on eBay from whom I purchased before and your have the phone and working device.

Navigator

I write complain 3 times and now they no answer so what now I can't back my phone I buy directly from samsug shop but 2 months ago only people can back if the not more like 30 days yes  ? 

First Poster
Just had a long frustrating conversation with Samsung Support - initially they blamed the 3rd party App developers, then they said it was a compatibility issue with Android V8 Oreo... They probably will not listen until there are a few thousand more unhappy customers - sad.
Highlighted
Voyager

Yes you won't get anywhere it is not any of the third party call recording apps. Samsung have blocked all the apps on there international devices that run on exynos software. The S9 and S9 plus that have the Snapdragon chip works perfectly fine allowing the recording of two way conversations. 

I handed my S9 plus back and purchased the S8 plus from eBay from Pro Gadgets it is a Asian import everything works perfectly I also only paid £529.99 for it and I'm running Oreo 8.0 and my call recording app works (I use ACR Pro) I couldn't be bothered to complain anymore as it won't get you anywhere Samsung Customer Support (UK) and else where across Europe are aware due to the number of complaints but can't do anything about it. The Samsung App development team should be working with these app developers but clearly don't reason being the software installed on the devices in the UK and EU with exynos are abided to Google's security policy that's the answer however in the UK (can't speak for other EU Countries) it is legal to record calls.

Top Liked Authors