Support

Open search

Call recorder

Apprentice

Last week I received my Thai SIM card. I followed your instructions and they work like a charm. The native call recording option is now visible on my Samsug S10+ .

One small remark: Samsung back-up does not exactly back-up all application settings, so it took me some time to re-configure all apps again. 

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated :-)

Voyager

That’s awesome, I’m glad it worked as long as you follow the instructions it works like a charm. This helped me so it may also help you I’ve made folders for contacts and add each call into the folder otherwise it’s a bit messy. Samsung and the restore from backup is terrible I had to do the same but it was worth it.

Thanks for sharing 😊

Highlighted
Explorer

You really didn't expect a company such as Samsung to do something right did you. I just went through three new TV's of their's in two months. So I switched. I got rid of my tablet which I replaced with an iPad, my S8 which I'm trying to get back to use until I can get rid of my S10e and find a phone with the notification LED still on it. I prefer not to go that far with Apple, but if I have to I will. Samsung is not the only one that took the notification LED off. I cancelled my new refrigerator and washer and dryer. Their service is terrible and I don't need the aggravation. However lets change the subject for a minute. I to extremely upset that Andriod/Google has made such a big deal about the call recording problem. I live in a two party state and evryone that called was told right up front that the call was being recorded. If they didn't like it they could hang up. It was and still is a grave matter to me. I have not so good hearing and the the recording especially from the doctors and banking institutions was very helpful. I could wait until I got home and replay to get the information from the caller so I could call back or take what ever action I needed to. If they are relying on the law to say it's illegal than ALL companies, doctors office, lawyers etc need to have to follow the same rule. This also includes our wonderful screwed up congress or big brother.

Explorer

Done everything you said and its working for me. Thanks ryan you know your stuff

Voyager

Hi Caffrey 

Thanks for sharing and I’m glad I could be of help :-) 

Explorer

It seems to be working ok. I haven't really got a chance much today to try it out. I did notice when I did play my recording back I could hear the telly in background. Is that the same for everyone??

Apprentice

Hi Ryan

Does this allow you to use any call recorder app, E.g. ACR

Or are you restricted to Samsungs built-in recorder?

Also - if you are restricted to Samsungs built-in recorder, do you have to enable it for each call, or does it work for all calls once switched on?

Thanks

Alan T.

Apprentice
It only enables the Samsung built-in call recorder.
Other call recording apps are still not working due to some Google policy changes.

You have three options you can select for automatic call recording:
- All numbers
- Unsaved numbers
- Selected numbers

Unfortunately there is no option to exclude numbers (spouse, voicemail, etc.)
First Poster

@MarcelNL wrote:
It only enables the Samsung built-in call recorder.
Other call recording apps are still not working due to some Google policy changes.

You have three options you can select for automatic call recording:
- All numbers
- Unsaved numbers
- Selected numbers

Unfortunately there is no option to exclude numbers (spouse, voicemail, etc.)

Wow, after all the effort to understand this and now there is this twist. Thank you! Boldbeast is the app I use. They are a proper developer and are responsive and allow you to use any cloud storage you want. Samsung are none of those things.

I am going to have to rethink this. I may be with Oreo for a while.

Thanks again

Apprentice
I can understand that you stick with Oreo for a while. Unfortunately the S10+ was shipped with Pie by default, so no downgrade option is available for as far as I know.

I use 'Autosync for Dropbox - Dropsync' by MetaCtrl to sync Samsung's 'Calls' folder to my Dropbox account. They also have an app for Google Drive and OneDrive.
Top Liked Authors