Support

Open search

Call recorder

Voyager
Thanks Jimmy

I’m actually waiting for mine to arrive I’m hopeful it will work it seems like the easiest way to get Samsung’s own built in call recorder.

Once again thanks for sharing I will of course share my experience and details of the sim (I’m in the UK)
Explorer

@Jimmy1971 

Guide how to use native call recording with Thailand (TH) sim card :

1. Insert the TH card 

2. Reset to factory settings

3.After restart choose yes to reconfigure new sim (TH) and restarted again.

4. Restore from backup, reinstallation of applications

5. Turn off the phone, remove the TH sim card, insert the local sim card , turn on the phone, restart the phone to reconfigure the local sim card

That's it !

Enjoy !

PS: Search on ebay : PREPAID THAI SIM CARD THAILAND 

Hi

Can you please check if caller ID and spam protection feature is available on this CSC?

Observer
Yes, they are active on THL CSC
First Poster

@Jimmy1971 wrote:

Guide how to use native call recording with Thailand (TH) sim card :

1. Insert the TH card 

2. Reset to factory settings

3.After restart choose yes to reconfigure new sim (TH) and restarted again.

4. Restore from backup, reinstallation of applications

5. Turn off the phone, remove the TH sim card, insert the local sim card , turn on the phone, restart the phone to reconfigure the local sim card

That's it !

Enjoy !

PS: Search on ebay : PREPAID THAI SIM CARD THAILAND 

Sim I have doesn't make phone ask for new settings/restart :(

Prepaid sim too

Explorer
My personal easy fix for this: (sorry, but it isn't cheap at all) I just bought the Xiaomi MI9 for 450€. Superior hardware performance compared to the Exynos S10+ you're selling in the EU and it has CALL RECORDING function enabled by default and working perfectly. Samsung, your failure to fix this issue forced me to change company. I will never go back buying Samsung phones. I'll keep buying Samsung PC monitors, memory cards and SSD's - those are absolutely the best on the market. Thanks for reading. I'll not come back to these forums again.
First Poster

I think it's not the New Samsung S9 or S9+. I have a Samsung S8+ which was perfectly recording all calls until the day I had it updated. Now the new Version of Andriod which I have is Android 9 and the call recordings have stopped. It simply stopped recording the caller and records only my voice, whether its an incoming or an outgoing call.

Voyager
Please read the entire thread, to stop clutter, thanks.
Apprentice

Ha ha, like anyone is going to read 50 pages of previous posts!

Maybe if somebody who HAS read all 50 pages were to place a summary of the points made it might stop the clutter.

The fact that there is 50 pages should be telling Samsung just how annoyed their customers are.

As many have suggested, they will soon be ex customers.  I count myself among them.

I am due to upgrade my phone in the next few weeks and although I have been a loyal Samsung owner for several years I'm afraid that my S8 will be the last Samsung I buy because it is quite clear that both Samsung and Google are totally disrespecting their users.

I realise that I probably still won't be able to record my calls but at least I will have made the only protest I can.  Hopefully many others will do the same.

All this chatter about laws in different countries being to blame is simply a smokescreen.

It would be a fairly simple matter to make it a requirement of any call recording app that a warning statement had to be  issued at the start of any call managed by a call recorder app saying that the call was being recorded so please hang up if that is not acceptable to either party.

A screen text message could also be made mandatory while recorded calls were in progress.

These simple steps would mean that neither Google nor Samsung could be pursued through the courts in relation to calls being recorded surreptitiously.

Big companies record calls all the time here in the UK by simply telling you that they are going to do it at the start of the call.

Terms and conditions could also explicitly state that not using an approved app was in breach of the terms of use.

There is NO justification for the action Google/Smasung have taken.  I wish some lawyers somewhere could get some crowd funding to take them to court for using their monopoly positions for their own ends.

Huawei here I come.

Highlighted
Voyager
You only need to go back a few pages to see how you can get the built in Samsung call recorder but unfortunately there is a lot of comments which simply clutter it up.
I'm also in the UK and the new P30 pro worked fine when using a third party app.
I'm currently waiting for a pre-paid sim card from Thailand to turn up to install into my S8+ and see if I can get the software to enable the call recorder for which I will report back, I'm hoping just a few simple steps will change the CSC code.
My current country is set up as United Arab Emirates but this has also stopped working.

You'll enjoy the Huawei the only major difference is when taking pictures in the daytime although the cameras are all amazing the S10 is better in the day but the P30 pro is far superior in darker conditions.
Apprentice

Ryan.

I will be interested to see how the Thai sim option goes since although I have decided to get a Huawei anyway, I will be passing the S8 on to my wife so it might still be useful info for us.

Thanks

Top Liked Authors