Support

Open search

Call recorder

Observer
Its S8's too!!! I went from a. S6 to S8 because S10 is too new and because of reviews for S8 vs S9 etc....anywho the same recorder app I've been using for well over a year on S6 perfectly fine. On my S8 it recruits only my voice wtf!?!?!?! It cost me $150 that day and I'm pissed! 
Observer

Hi I just installed this app on my galaxy s8+. It seemed to have recorded the message but it wont play it back. None of the files are supported. I also changed the setting to play on another device, but it didnt give me any choices of other players. I know I'm probably not on the right page or post, but I am new to the samsung community. There doesnt seem to be any contact or "help" in the app. Can you point me in the right direction or help? Thank you!

SG 

Apprentice

Hi,

Which app did you installed?

And what is the extension of your files? (3gp, mp3, mp4, wav etc...?)

Most of call recorders can save files to cloud sites (googledrive, onedrive, dropbox etc...) and you may reach files immediately from there when your call was finished..

It may be codec or player problem but VLC is better and mostly plays all files..

Explorer

Bri2, Once again, it's not the phone style, it's the operating system. If you bought an S8 it probably updated to Pie from Oreo which no recorders will work on it yet. When you post in the future put your version number with the post along with the phone series (S6-S7-S8 etc)  I took back the GSG 9Plus because of that and  another problem. I kept my S7 because of this problem. However it's not just Samsung, it's all android phones.

First Poster

google may have removed 3rd party access but samsung are blocking/hiding native call recording.

As can be confirmed because india has it available on pie.

Highlighted
Explorer

@MystaMagoo wrote:

google may have removed 3rd party access but samsung are blocking/hiding native call recording.

As can be confirmed because india has it available on pie.

What source di you get that from?

Voyager

Guys this has all been mentioned in the thread. 

Please work back through and your see all the information regarding CSC codes and Samsung's own built in call recorder

Voyager

Even reverting back to Oreo won’t help as the developers have changed the way in which the apps work (update to their software) to conform  with the new legislation. You may be able to ask the developer directly if they can send you a previous version directly.

The only working way which may not help users due to the fact it will factory reset your phone so backup anything important is to change the CSC code to India (its the only working one I’m aware of)

What is CSC code ?

CSC is the abbreviated form of “Consumer Software Customization” or “Country Specific Code“. CSC is an essential component of Samsung firmware binaries and it contains customized settings, system configurations, localizations and geo-specific things such as the system language, APN settings, and carrier-branding.

Here is a link to give you more information on CSC codes and what it means to change it.

https://www.droidviews.com/how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/

If your using OREO this YouTube video may help you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ryrgqbdx49Y

None of the the above is easy to do and you could permanently damage your phone which may VOID you warranty.

There have been comments shared regarding this method however I have not commented in or not in favour due to the risks. 

I take no personal responsibility in any advice I have shared due to the risks!

If you really need your phone to be able to record at the moment this is the only way.

Thanks Ryan 

Voyager
This is a copy and paste of one of my previous comments as mentioned please only post if you have new information to stop clutter

Thanks in advance.
First Poster

@Ryan23 wrote:

Here is a link to give you more information on CSC codes and what it means to change it.

https://www.droidviews.com/how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/

*#272*imei# does not work though and is a really old peice.

It even mentions triangle away that's how old it is.

Top Liked Authors