Support

Open search

Call recorder

Explorer

Did you tried it from the galaxy app store? I tried it and the one from the play store was showing (recording uknown number) and the same app acr from the Galaxy apps shows all the numbers now. I revert back to oreo and i can't test the recording function but that means something too. Anyone else try the app from the galaxy store that has permission to read calls google it!

Highlighted
Voyager

Even reverting back to Oreo won’t help as the developers have changed the way in which the apps work (update to their software) to conform  with the new legislation. You may be able to ask the developer directly if they can send you a previous version directly.

The only working way which may not help users due to the fact it will factory reset your phone so backup anything important is to change the CSC code to India (its the only working one I’m aware of)

What is CSC code ?

CSC is the abbreviated form of “Consumer Software Customization” or “Country Specific Code“. CSC is an essential component of Samsung firmware binaries and it contains customized settings, system configurations, localizations and geo-specific things such as the system language, APN settings, and carrier-branding.

Here is a link to give you more information on CSC codes and what it means to change it.

https://www.droidviews.com/how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/

If your using OREO this YouTube video may help you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ryrgqbdx49Y

None of the the above is easy to do and you could permanently damage your phone which may VOID you warranty.

There have been comments shared regarding this method however I have not commented in or not in favour due to the risks. 

I take no personal responsibility in any advice I have shared due to the risks!

If you really need your phone to be able to record at the moment this is the only way.

Thanks Ryan 

Explorer

Ryan I am on Oreo and acr recording call working fine i have no issues. The only new one issue was not showing names,numbers but the app from the galaxy store have no issue with that.

Voyager
Explorer

This is Google's policy and only applies to the Google Play store. If your phone has different app store(s) you can look for fully functional version of ACR called "ACR Unchained" on other app stores such as Huawei's App Gallery and Samsung's Galaxy Store. It has permissions for accessing phone number during the call. Unfortunately Google Play Store policy prevents us from providing direct apk downloads from our website.
ACR Unchained will accept Pro Key as usual

Thanx for the link i was aware of it. You can see on the second link saying about the app but downloaded from galaxy store as i said.

Explorer

In Italy IT IS legal to record the calls, just like in India - why should I change my CSC to India since in Italy is also legal ???

Can a Samsung rep explain why the original call record option is blocked in Europe ? The only country in Europe needing the consent of both parties is Germany. ONLY Germany. And you blocked for the entire Europe the option...

I have only bad words now to add, but I will refrain.

The only thing Samsung needs to know is that if they do NOT fix this, I will not buy Samsung again. I do not have the intention to switch to India the CSC or to root my phone just to fix their *****ic decisions on my expense. I will just spend my money elsewhere.

Explorer

I agree, I'm aleady looking and I've been with Samsung since the S3 and updated every year.

Apprentice

They won't give you a honest anwser.

They hide behind a so-called law which only applies in the U.S.

This is their anwser to me on twitter.

Naamloos.png

Already investigating one which arguments i can create a lawsuit.

If it's a plausible win and get the funds i will start one.

Hate the lies, and hiding behind the dictator Google who is the real culprit...

Voyager
No problem this has been mentioned in previous messages however I felt it best to pass on the information again as the pages are pretty far back.
Voyager
I’m not telling you, you have to I’m advising of the fix to get it working.

Call recording is legal in the UK where I live to, Samsung couldn’t care less.
Top Liked Authors