Support

Open search

Call recorder

Explorer

There is a way... complicated and whithout rooting your phone. Need to change countruy product code (CSC) for a coutry that record calls is legall...

Navigator

@tomesiek wrote:

There is a way... complicated and whithout rooting your phone. Need to change countruy product code (CSC) for a coutry that record calls is legall...

If were that easy we would all have done it by now. We are in countries where call recording is totally legal for personal and business purposes.

I'm in the UK with a UK CSC Galaxy S9+. Also call recording is totally legal in the UK for business and personal use with legislative protections set out in RIPA and related legislation, yet what we come up against time and time again is a blanket coverage for all different countries on mainland Europe on the S8, S9 and S10 devices regardless of jurisdiction.

Forgive me if I am sounding harsh, but your suggestion is ridiculous. Please read the entire thread where this issue has been done to death numerous times. It can't possibly ever be overlooked by anyone that actually bothers to read about the issue properly. Please do your homework even if it is just reading this one thread. You'll save yourself the trouble of looking foolish because you couldn't be bothered to do your research on one measly thread by just reading it.

Highlighted
Explorer

Hey, thanks for the input. Did you actually manage to change the csc file without rooting the phone? As far as I know, you need to root the phone in order to access the csc file - am I correct? 

Explorer

See the s10 has a dreaded exynos chip for non USA customers. No calc recording and poorer chip vs snapdragon. What a poor introduction to Samsung first phone was s9 UK.

Navigator

Up until the S10 the Exynos was a force to be reckoned with and most customers would insist they at least try to get the Samsung version rather than the Snapdragon. Oh times have changed and not for the good.

@Chris577 wrote:

See the s10 has a dreaded exynos chip for non USA customers. No calc recording and poorer chip vs snapdragon. What a poor introduction to Samsung first phone was s9 UK.

Explorer

FYI: Android (Google) tells the phone manufacturers what they can do and not do. As of the PIE update Android says no recording apps allowed in the USA. It appears a hard nosed view was taken and Samsung took it on themselves to make it ALL nations. Not only that, the new update in the USA has messed with the alerts with most banking institutions. I'm stuck with what Android did and a gs9+ when I should've stayed with the gs7 which won't  get the update. I've spent two days with my carrier and the bank with no luck. IT'S THE PIE UPDATE, now I'm  stuck having to check my email every day to see what transactions happened. Yes that part of the app works on the banking apps. It was a bad last minute decision to stay with Android. I had the iPhone in my hand but I was with Samsung since the S3 and upgraded ever year except the S8. So now I've got to sell this and go to the iPhone. 

Explorer

Ryan23 FYI: Android (Google) tells the phone manufacturers what they can do and not do. As of the PIE update Android says no recording apps allowed in the USA. It appears a hard nosed view was taken and Samsung took it on themselves to make it ALL nations. Not only that, the new update in the USA has messed with the alerts with most banking institutions. I'm stuck with what Android did and a gs9+ when I should've stayed with the gs7 which won't  get the update. I've spent two days with my carrier and the bank with no luck. IT'S THE PIE UPDATE, now I'm  stuck having to check my email every day to see what transactions happened. Yes that part of the app works on the banking apps. It was a bad last minute decision to stay with Android. I had the iPhone in my hand but I was with Samsung since the S3 and upgraded ever year except the S8. So now I've got to sell this and go to the iPhone. One last thing, they will force that update whether you want it or not.

First Poster

@Goodole1 wrote:

So now I've got to sell this and go to the iPhone. 

IMO I reckon you'll regret that, if you think samsung are restrictive - apple are way worse, can't find many ios call recorders and they seem to so it by redirecting your call through a different number and record that, and you have to pay a hefty subscription - seems dangerous to me.

Explorer

This weekend I will abandon Android 9 PIE and switch back to Android 8. If I cannot go back to the official ROM, I'll use a custom one from XDA.

If you're using any banking apps and you're rooting your phone, just don't. None of your banking apps will work anymore.

It's true that Apple isn't supporting call recording either, so switching to iPhone isn't an option.

Huawei also isn't supporting it.

You actually must buy strange chinese phones if you wanna have full call recording support ... those chinese manufacturers aren't giving a sh about laws and privacy so you can do whatever you want ... keep in mind that you won't have any updates at all and your security will be 0.

As it is for now, I'd rather keep my S9+ for the quality of the design & components.

The EU variant with Exynos of the S10+ has BIG battery issues whan placing WhatsApp and FB calls, NO custom ROMs yet that are allowing call recording, so I don't even consider upgrading my S9+.

Voyager

Yep mentioned in previous threads! 

Thanks for sharing your experiance 

Top Liked Authors