Support

Open search

Bring back the individual text tones and notifications on S9

Apprentice

Idk if it because of an update I got for the phone but when I click on a message to individuals I can exit the contact anf axd a seperate notification.  But its not an option if u just click on a contact to edit only through the message app itself 

Apprentice

20180702_164948.jpg

Back in July I received this email and shortly after got an update that brought back custom individual text tones..

Email them like I did.

First Poster

@NMCajun wrote:

I agree. The more I use my new S9 the more I find that Samsung has really screwed up a great phone. If it ain't broke don't fix it! There are other issues as well that I have called Samsung about, Videoder Tubemate Snaptube but simply said...leave the apps alone. Why do I want my contacts associated with all my events? How about a little privacy?  Duh! 

choose your personal tones. I know its a bit long winded and only works if you have updated to the latest message setting. Hope this helps

Apprentice

The problem with this is if you delete the messages next time you  receive a text it goes back to the default ringtone. You have to save up every time.

Apprentice

@Zophini wrote:

The problem with this is if you delete the messages next time you  receive a text it goes back to the default ringtone. You have to save up every time.  Samsung needs to fix this issue permanently by putting it back in the contacts so even if we get a new message we get the individual ringtone. This is been going on for 6 months now the fix should have been completed by now. The temporary fix is okay but not a permanent fix.

Apprentice

I called Samgsung customer service this past Monday and the representative acted like she had never heard of this issue. She took my name and number and said somebody would call me back as soon as they get a fix for this.

Apprentice

I was able to do individuals notifications on ppl text messages. Hit edit on the individuals conversation and then customize notifications. I could only do it through the messages and not going to contacts 

Observer
I totally agree with you, why take out that option on an updated, more expensive phone? It really makes me not want to keep my S9

Omg yes!!! I just got the galaxy note 9 and didn't see where you could set different notifications sounds so I googled it and saw this 🙄 I dont want to check my phone constantly for silly ***** I get through my email and stuff. I had a cheap $100 phone before this and it did it. Other than that, and people not being able to get my emojis, I like the phone

Apprentice

If u click on a message then u can hit the edit (the 3dot button) and change notifications for that person 

Top Liked Authors