Support

Open search

Bring back the individual text tones and notifications on S9

First Poster

You people are not reading. The "fix" you all keep talking about is BS. We need custom notifications for each CONTACT,  not PER CONVERSATION.  If I have a thread going with 3 people i get the same tone no matter who replies. That's completely useless. I need it per person not per thread. Sadly I do believe this was Google's doing in oreo,  not Samsung's. 

First Poster

I did read it and I was just trying to help. No need to get so worked up. There is an update they are rolling out that some people have said fix this but it has not made it to all carriers yet but until you get that update this is really the only solution that I have found. Just trying to offer some sort of temporary solution.

First Poster

I don't even have the option to change the notifications per thread. I just got the new update, on AT&T no less, and it's still not back.

Apprentice

It's not a "contact thing" .. it's a notification thing. ALL of my notifications are the same.   For example.  Calendar, social media, texts. Not just a contact separation thing. All... . notifications. 

First Poster

I'm able to do that through Settings > Notifications and change per app for most but not all apps.  My problem is with notifications per contact.

Apprentice

Hello I've some what figured this out. Start a message with specific person and the top right the 3 dots click it and you can see spaced text sound for that conversation. Have to do individually but worth it because I dont want a third party app. Hope this helps. 

First Poster

That's the problem... I don't even have THAT option through the text. The only thing I can do in that scenario is mute the notifications.

Observer
Thank you! Now they just need to give back individual incoming ringrones... 😀
First Poster

You're right, I do see that now!  Thank you

First Poster

Android Messages from Google still has the individual text tone feature and personally I think it's better than the default SMS app. 

Top Liked Authors