Support

Open search

Bring back the individual text tones and notifications on S9

Apprentice

On August the 14th I got an update for my S9 plus on the AT&T network...

And the individual text tones are back ..unfortunately not the background wallpaper feature for text messaging... But I'll take it.

CarolinaW Moderator

Hey @Allnightkiss! Are you based in the USA? If so, please contact our friends in America for further  support on: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/ :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Apprentice
Yes I'm in the USA
First Poster

Yep I lived the feature of personalizing ring tones and text tones and others like email.

If I knew this wouldn't have bought this D... PHONE

First Poster

Just got the update on my phone and was excited since everyone seemed to be getting it back. No such luck. 😫 

Apprentice

Give it time it's coming...I got my update on Aug 14th... on the AT&T network...

Apprentice

Totally agree. When you're busy at work or other,  it's a great feature to know if the text is potentially important.  If you can ignore it or not etc.

Why you would remove this feature is beyond me, especially when more people text than call. Please bring back this feature. 

First Poster

You can set individual text tones for message threads in the messages app. Open the thread. Click the three vertical buttons in the top right corner of the screen, under notifications click default, change to custom and select tone. 

Apprentice

Thank you! So happy to hear! 

It's hard to know what or who is sending a notification when they all have the same sound. Before I had separate sounds for each family member and each coworker and when I had a text from my bank I had coins jingling  not happy now!!!

Top Liked Authors