Support

Open search

Bring back the individual text tones and notifications on S9

First Poster

i just got a S9 yesterday and i cannot believe the custom ring tones not available!  I use this feature and it is very important one!!  

Apprentice

Screenshot_20190113-104858_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20190113-104851_Messages.jpg

Pathfinder
And if you'd read the rest of the messages, you'd set that this does NOT work for group/ team messages. It assigns the time to the conversation and NOT the individual. And if you delete the thread, there goes your customization.
I don't know about you, but I like to clean my messages out occasionally.
Highlighted
Apprentice

I agree .. I've been using the work around since the first response was received explaining it  but I can't clean my phone without having to reset everything. Such a small thing, easy enough fix, not sure why they would just leave it  Not a priority  I guess... 

Apprentice
Might become a priority when it starts to affect their sales. I won't buy another samsung until they can start listening and responding to their customers over something so easy to fix.
First Poster

I see the topic was individual text tones, I only use individual Ringtones!  

First Poster

@SuzyQ90 wrote:

I really agree,  PLEASE BRING BACK INDIVIDUAL CONTACT NOTIFICATION SOUNDS!  Please make this available on the next update ti the galaxy s9.  I would not have bought this phone had I known that you can't assign separate sounds for each contact.  My old galaxy 4 had that ability

They are there now.  You have to go under the settings for each contact 

Pathfinder

Ring tones yes,  text messages no.  Their "fix" is to tag the conversation which is useless for group text messages or if you deleted the thread  

First Poster

Finally! thanks, long winded way to do a simple task but I think it's worked, cheers.

Pathfinder
I'm happy it works for you.. I'm still waiting for them to put it back the way it was so my problem will go away.
Top Liked Authors