Support

Open search

Bring back the individual text tones and notifications on S9

First Poster

That's strange. Maybe it's just on the S9+ but that would be weird for them to do it on one model and not the other models. 

Observer

Settings>apps>messages>notifications>new messages>sound

😁

First Poster

I have the S9 plus. I am currently using message plus I downloaded. I can set individual notifications and ringtones to different contacts. With the message app with the phone, isnt possible

Observer

This feature was removed with the oreo 8.0.0 release. Even the s7 recieved the oreo 8.0.0 update. So anything samsung running oreo can not use the text notification personal tone

Observer
Nope. Dont see it. I just did two updates in a row. Still since have it. @kiistorm
Observer

I agree!  I am going to use another message app!

Highlighted
Apprentice

Usually I like my oreos with a sweet cream filling...but this oreo (update) not sweet at all and quite sour!!!

Apprentice

Maybe I should mention I am on Sprint? Because none of tips are getting me anywhere.  I have downloaded Verizon's messages plus for now,  which is allowing me to set tones for conversations, but not for contacts. They're smart enough to make phones and such but not smart enough to either fix this or that they should have just it alone. 

First Poster

I did download the message plu and it did allow me to do individual notifications for each contact. I am on T-Mobile

First Poster

Im on sprint too and i am able to change my tones again. But if its in a group it wont work and it will change to default if u delete the text thread. While in a text thread click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner. It will say notification, click on it to change it from default to custom

Top Liked Authors