Support

Open search

Bring back the individual text tones and notifications on S9

Highlighted
Apprentice
Yes I know the basic steps but when I get in there to pick the sounds it is only showing half of my custom text tone sounds even though they all show in the same folder in the internal files
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Megster wrote:

I have the Note8 and my latest message update is showing to be up to date and is 4.4.10.13 and it still isn't giving me the option to set individual text tones for my contacts. 😡

There is an another option if you dont have update for app yet. Download and install apk manually from Apkmirror. Just download the newest one and give it a try.

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Tina22 wrote:
Yes I know the basic steps but when I get in there to pick the sounds it is only showing half of my custom text tone sounds even though they all show in the same folder in the internal files

It seems something is messed up. Can you try clear data and cache of the Samsung Messages app? Dont forget to backup ur text messages before.

First Poster

SAMSUNG FINALLY FIXED IT. today I was checking my text messages and there was an update icon on the hamburger menu and it was for the text message update that brings the individual text notifications back. Yay it works agian.

Apprentice

Hamburger menu??

First Poster

I am pretty sure at this point that anyone posting that it works for them is just a troll.

Apprentice

Well I think you need to adjust your thinking. As I have mentioned,  since the update it sort of works for me. Definitely not perfect, but can change the tones for separate contacts. Agree should be able to choose any sound and could be easier to use.

First Poster

The 3 dots in upper right corner

First Poster

Screenshot_20180621-212424_Messages.jpg

Superuser I
Superuser I
Jeff3:

What about to try download updated app from apkmirror, as i said before, instead of crying about possible trolls. It works with some updated apps only, ppl who didnt get the udpate yet can download apk manually. Simple solution.

Top Liked Authors