Support

Open search

Bring back the individual text tones and notifications on S9

Apprentice

They have fixed the issue.

If you update the Samsung message app it will then allow you to change the notifcation tone of each person by going into the person messages pressing options and then notification  

Highlighted
Apprentice

Negative. All my stuff is up to date and still not allowing me to set individual notifications. At least not in the default messaging app.

Apprentice

Thats really weird I have just updated it and mine lets me set indivual notifcation tones for each person 

First Poster

I am beyond upset over this feature being taken away! I have called several times and complained. I was assured after my first call that it would be fixed with the next update. Obviously it wasn't with the last two! What's taking so long!? Come on Samsung!!!! You've had plenty of time to fix it!!!!!

First Poster

I agree. The more I use my new S9 the more I find that Samsung has really screwed up a great phone. If it ain't broke don't fix it! There are other issues as well that I have called Samsung about, but simply said...leave the apps alone. Why do I want my contacts associated with all my events? How about a little privacy?  Duh! 

Apprentice

What did you update and how?

Apprentice

Hi you need to go into messaging then choose the person and open the conversation . Now click top right 3 little dots. Opens a window,  now find notification and custom. Then choose your personal tones. I know its a bit long winded and only works if you have updated to the latest message setting. Hope this helps.

First Poster

This issue should never have happened in the first place. Needs to be fixed. I tried updating through the app but says it is up to date. What version is the new update that contains this fix?

But I will say, I started using the Textra messaging app, and it has grown on me quite a bit on how you can customize the look and feel from color to text size and all the contact sounds etc. I find that it is actually a ton better than Samsung's default messaging app. So even when I do get the fix I may never go back as the Samsung app feels outdated and limited compared to Textra with all it's customizations. So thank you Samsung for letting me discover another app that's better than yours! #golfclap

First Poster

Yes, this is very disappointing. Unfortunately I just found this out today. That is the only real disappointment so far  I hope the next update will change this

Back for More

I have been very disappointed too. It was because of the custom sounds for text notifications that made me choose an S9 over an iPhone. I hope they bring it back!

Top Liked Authors