Support

Open search

Bluetooth doesn't work after PIE

First Poster

I collected my car JLR Evoque 2018 from Jaguar dealership in March, they've put the latest update on my car. It hasn't made any difference, still cant pair my S9 & S10 for calls and media. This is absolutely ridiculous now @Samsung we need an update.

Explorer

The easiest solution is to install this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.irmc&hl=en_GB

Bobs

First Poster

@ADIUTANT wrote:

I collected my car JLR Evoque 2018 from Jaguar dealership in March, they've put the latest update on my car. It hasn't made any difference, still cant pair my S9 & S10 for calls and media. This is absolutely ridiculous now @Samsung we need an update.

I had the same problem but now it is ok.  See my previous post on this thread as quoted below.

PS. I allowed sync on everything including messages and it all works fine.

@Gambalunga wrote:

@Robert_Swiss wrote:

Here is a good desciption:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-turn-on-the-developer-options-menu-on-my-...

On APPS, ABOUT DEVICE or ABOUT PHONE

If you see Build number, touch it seven times

If you don't see Build number, touch Software info, then Build number. Touch it seven times

Then follow the instructions here:

1. Bluetooth advanced settings, dual audio on (volume and ringtone sync off).

2. Developer settings, changed PBAP version to 1.1 and turned multiple PBAP properties off.

3. Unpair car from phone, and remove phone from car. 

4. Initiate a new pairing with the phone, and when asked I allowed only contact sync, not messages sync.

Thank you Robert

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9, a Jaguar XE with the standard In Control Touch (FM version). Ever since I have had the S9 I have had problems with the Bluetooth dropping out. I went to the dealer in May and had all the latest upgrades installed. Unfortunately nothing helped and the response of the service manager was to wait for the next Jaguar update! 

In the car I often listen to streaming Radio Swiss Jazz using the app and I also use TomTom Speed Cameras app. Phone calls had become a nightmare and the audio kept dropping out and the system reverted to FM radio.

I followed your advice as above and it has now held the Bluetooth connection for several days of use without once dropping out.

Thank you

Peter

First Poster
Worked for me! Thank you
Observer

I have the same issue on all my Samsung devices on my land rover discovery! Samsung, please do something, since the only possibility will either to change the car or the phone... and that won't be the car...

Explorer

@Bobleponge wrote:

I have the same issue on all my Samsung devices on my land rover discovery! Samsung, please do something, since the only possibility will either to change the car or the phone... and that won't be the car...

@Bobleponge 

One very simple solution is to install an app called Bluetooth Phonebook, from the App store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.irmc&hl=en_GB

It's fixed the problem I had with my Discovery Sport.

Good Luck,

Bobs

First Poster

The problem is that JLR have not updated their systems as this is not a problem that is restricted only to Samsung phones. The issue affects very few other brands of cars.

I wanted to try to get it working without resorting to an app and managed to do so following the advice of Robert_Swiss. See my post above.

Explorer

@Gambalunga wrote:

The problem is that JLR have not updated their systems as this is not a problem that is restricted only to Samsung phones. The issue affects very few other brands of cars.

I wanted to try to get it working without resorting to an app and managed to do so following the advice of Robert_Swiss. See my post above.

Agreed, personally I have a pixel 2 phone, and the relevant developer options are not exposed so I was forced to use the app, which incidently doesnt seem to hurt battery life and fixes all the problems. 

As you say, I think the fault is with JLR rather than Samsung, but I can't see it being fixed.. JLR seem to have more than enough to worry about at the moment and in my multiple corespondence with them they honestly dont seem to care and seem clueless about it.

Fingers crossed though, you never know,

Bobs

First Poster

After installing the app the problem has gone but the phone's recent call list is empty if viewed from the car system. Only if I do new calls after the car pairing I see these new calls in the recent call list.

Have you noticed the same behaviour?

Explorer

Double Post

Top Liked Authors