Support

Open search

Bluetooth doesn't work after PIE

First Poster

Hallelujah! After many agonising months I have installed the Bluetooth Phonebook and have used the phone + audio connected to the car (Samsung S9+ and Jaguar XE MY16) for serveal days now with NO PROBLEMS! The people that have said that this may not have worked, I suggest you open the app and then it will prompt you to allow the access privelages to your phone for contacts. There is another version of the app available on the Amazon App Store (instructions in the app once you download it) which will allow you to use the call logs on the car as well. I have tried MANY of different ways to get this working so if it doesn't work for you I'm happy to provide insight to my other settings which I have also changed in the process.

First Poster

it worked for me as well on my Discovery Sport!

Explorer

Im glad I could help you folks.

It's a great feeling to finally have working bluetooth in my Discovery Sport / Pixel 2. As info, Im not using a Samsung phone, but the fault and fix are identical.

I've let Samsusng and JLR know that this is a fix, but they didnt seem interested...

Spread the word that the free App Bluetooth Phonebook from the play store fixes this in most cases.

Cheers,

Bobsalot 

First Poster

I tried many different things that members recommended. I installed a few different apps and somehow when I deleted them (none was working), the bluetooth issue kinda resolved itself. But I was not getting the contact name on the car screen when I was receiving the calls. I installed bluetooth phonebook app, I have absolutely no idea how it works since it does not give much indication, but its working fine now.

Previously JLR kept my car for more than 10 days and still could not fix it. I was told by the technician that they lag behind by 6 months to a year and later their manager told me the same things, in a more diplomatic language. 

Thank you all the members who contributed. I never thought I would be able to solve this issue.

First Poster

@Robert_Swiss wrote:

Here is a good desciption:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-turn-on-the-developer-options-menu-on-my-...

On APPS, ABOUT DEVICE or ABOUT PHONE

If you see Build number, touch it seven times

If you don't see Build number, touch Software info, then Build number. Touch it seven times

Then follow the instructions here:

1. Bluetooth advanced settings, dual audio on (volume and ringtone sync off).

2. Developer settings, changed PBAP version to 1.1 and turned multiple PBAP properties off.

3. Unpair car from phone, and remove phone from car. 

4. Initiate a new pairing with the phone, and when asked I allowed only contact sync, not messages sync.

Thank you Robert

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9, a Jaguar XE with the standard In Control Touch (FM version). Ever since I have had the S9 I have had problems with the Bluetooth dropping out. I went to the dealer in May and had all the latest upgrades installed. Unfortunately nothing helped and the response of the service manager was to wait for the next Jaguar update! 

In the car I often listen to streaming Radio Swiss Jazz using the app and I also use TomTom Speed Cameras app. Phone calls had become a nightmare and the audio kept dropping out and the system reverted to FM radio.

I followed your advice as above and it has now held the Bluetooth connection for several days of use without once dropping out.

Thank you

Peter

First Poster
Hello,
I'm trying to fix the same issue with my Samsung Note 8 and Discovery sport but cannot identify the PBAP version change button. Could it be that Note 8 does not have this option at all? Thanks
Explorer

Try installing Bluetooth Phonebook from the app store, its fixed every instance of this I've seen.

Bobs

Apprentice

@AndriusL wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to fix the same issue with my Samsung Note 8 and Discovery sport but cannot identify the PBAP version change button. Could it be that Note 8 does not have this option at all? Thanks

Hi! Since my original post (which some have copied and re-pasted), I also noted that the manufacturer Android version needs to contain this setting. Not all manufacturers/models get the correct updates, but Samsung Galaxy phones should. Make sure that you have the latest software upgrade from Samsung installed before trying the below. As others has mentioned, install the Bluetooth Phonebook software if it doesn't work after that either, however that software seem to work for some only. 

@Schofres wrote:

Solved for me!

2016 Discovery Sport

Samsung S10, Android 9, Kernel 4.14.85-15820661 (Apr 16 update), security patch level April 2019.

I did the following:

1. Bluetooth advanced settings, dual audio on (volume and ringtone sync off).

2. Developer settings, changed PBAP version to 1.1 and turned multiple PBAP properties off.

3. Unpair car from phone, and remove phone from car. 

4. Initiate a new pairing with the phone, and when asked I allowed only contact sync, not messages sync.

No problems since, both phone and music connected. I do not know exactly which of those changes made it work, or combination thereof. I don't dare lab with that haha! Hope that helps! 

First Poster

Thank you all, i did install Bl phonebook and made updates except the version change. The phone had a stable connection for the 30 min trip. 

Hope it will work longer as well :-)

This works! I rent cars every week. Every Bluetooth connection works fine except when I have a Jaguar or Land Rover. I downloaded Bluetooth Phonebook and it fixed it instantly. It also fixed a problem on my personal car (2011 BMW) where the Bluetooth worked fine, but the media title only displayed some of the time 

Top Liked Authors