Support

Open search

Bluetooth doesn't work after PIE

Apprentice

First of all, i want to say, before update non of this problem appear and for streaming I use spotify.

@ 

(wipe cache partition but, no factory reset or wipe data)

None of these value worked for me.

The best way was to keep display open (using waze  ), and play almost 6 song without disconnection.

And another thing, in MB when is disconnected, if a press play, the song resumes where is left.

Im not sure, but in my opinion there is a bug in BT software, related to low energy consumption for this module.

Explorer

Have you DISABLED the Message sync (in BT settings for the S10 connection to the car)?

You have to disable this.

My connection is stable for streaming as well as for calls. Tested whole weekend without any droping of the BT connection (neither call nor streaming)

Apprentice

Thank you Robert

my phone is S8+

Ill try tomorrow. Not sure if its disable. 

First Poster

My Discovery Sport has been with the dealer this morning. They have told me that Android 9.0 is not currenlty supported by JLR infotainment system. However, there is an update for the infotainment system coming out in June/July. Who knows if this will fix the issue...

First Poster

I am on my 3rd Samsung S8 with the Pie update and still having the same problem. I have a Jaguar XF 2018 that the bluetooth will connect and drop about every minute. A friend has the Google Pixel 3 XL and tried to connect my car and had the same error as my Samsung.  His phone does not fail with the Ford F150.

I have worked with my carrier several times on each phone to attempt to fix this.

No one is taking ownership to fix this.

First Poster

Ive got the exact same issue with mine since the update for the range rover evoque 

First Poster

Can you please explain the changes that need to be made in developer settings. Thank you

Explorer

Here is a good desciption:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-turn-on-the-developer-options-menu-on-my-...

On APPS, ABOUT DEVICE or ABOUT PHONE

If you see Build number, touch it seven times

If you don't see Build number, touch Software info, then Build number. Touch it seven times

Then follow the instructions here:

1. Bluetooth advanced settings, dual audio on (volume and ringtone sync off).

2. Developer settings, changed PBAP version to 1.1 and turned multiple PBAP properties off.

3. Unpair car from phone, and remove phone from car. 

4. Initiate a new pairing with the phone, and when asked I allowed only contact sync, not messages sync.

Observer
After months and months of trying to fix this issue. I have just done the above and so far so good. Although early days early signs are good.
Explorer

If you still have problems, try installing an app called Bluetooth Phonebook from the App store. It fixed the constant disconnect/reconnect problem for me.

But please bear in mind, it fixed the (identical) problem my Google Pixel 2, not a Samsung phone.

Fingers crossed

Top Liked Authors