Support

Open search

Bluetooth doesn't work after PIE

Explorer

@Andreado wrote:

After installing the app the problem has gone but the phone's recent call list is empty if viewed from the car system. Only if I do new calls after the car pairing I see these new calls in the recent call list.

Have you noticed the same behaviour?

This is on the developers site. http://www.android-rsap.com/home.html

"Recently my Play Store phone book app offered to download a plugin which re-enables access to the call logs. While this worked for the paid version, the trial version was immediately blocked by Google due to a "policy violation". 

After thinking long about how to handle this situation I came to the following conclusions:

• I will remove all links to "malicious" plugins from the Play Store version so it will not support call logs. I will link to this page from the Play Store version to show you the alternatives. I hope this is allowed...?
  • I will upload a fully functional version to Amazon App Store and to the Uptodown app store.

All app versions will be free from now on!

So you can all move to the fully functional version without having to pay again. I'm sorry for all the problems recently - it was not my choice."

Hope this post actually appears, last attempt didnt..

Bobs

App Bluetooth Phonebook has worked for me.

I called Jag before i came across this. They seemed to be surprised i had an issue. They wanted to look at my car for £190 per hr. Glad i came across this post!

First Poster

@Schofres you are a genious mate! I have been with this issue since the update on Note 8 with my LandRover Discovery Sport 2018. I was not able to use my phone in the car because of this connect/disconnect issue. I have had been fidling with AVRCP setting but never tried PBAP, since your fix its working flawlessly. 

Both LanRover and Samsung support were of no use, I was very dissapointed as both Car and phone are expensive products.

Thank you very much for sharing this, not sure how you manage to find the fix?

Cheers. 

First Poster

Schofres you are a genious mate! I have been with this issue since the update on Note 8 with my LandRover Discovery Sport 2018. I was not able to use my phone in the car because of this connect/disconnect issue. I have had been fidling with AVRCP setting but never tried PBAP, since your fix its working flawlessly.

Both LanRover and Samsung support were of no use, I was very dissapointed as both Car and phone are expensive products.

Thank you very much for sharing this, not sure how you manage to find the fix?

Cheers.

Apprentice
Thanks man, appreciate it! By trial and error, and a lot of patience I guess... Cheers and enjoy!
First Poster
Just for your info if you drive LandRover Discovery Sport 2018 with No CD player, you can check if your phone software is conpatable with the car, according to Lanrover Note 8 with Software ver. 7 is supported, which I find very odd. However Note 9 and S10 are supported with Android 9(Pie)

http://landrover50.nextgen-technology.net/?CultureId=23&RegionId=1&Culture=en
(you will need your Car VIN number for above website)

Note 8 N950F - Software ver. 7.1.1 (NMF26X.N950FXXU1AQI1) is supported but not sure if its still around
First Poster

Fixed😀

Latest update from landrover- phase 4 update  and latest update from Samsung 4th August then set developer options to bluetooth PBAP version 1.1 result is all working ad its supposed to, phone book, text messages, voice dialing and music. No dropping bluetooth connection for the last two weeks. 

Top Liked Authors