Support

Open search

Bluetooth 4.1 earphones

SOLVED
First Poster

My S9 plus doesn't connect to my bluetooth 4.1 Anker soundbud slim earphones which I was using with my S6. Is this because the S9 is bluetooth 5? Will I need to get v5 earphones? There are various on v4 models that say they work with the s9 so it's a bit confusing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

I had this problem with my TaoTronic earbuds. They are BT4.1, however I found that I was not puting the headphones into 'pairing mode' properly. Try holding the power button down longer (7-8 seconds) and then see if the S9+ recognises them, it did with me (I too was just getting the MAC address) - Worth a try! :smileyvery-happy:

11 REPLIES 11
AntS Moderator

Hi @stratman. :robothappy:

Any joy on this one since you posted? If not, is your S9+ okay with connecting to other devices by Bluetooth?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster
Hi, no luck. It appears to discover and show the device by mac address but fails to connect. I have connected the S9 to my Pc's Bluetooth successfully so perhaps there are compatibility issues with this set of earphones?
AntS Moderator

It sounds very much like that. :robotsad: Bluetooth 5-to-Bluetooth 4 connection can be  a bit of hit or miss affair. I'd advise trying out some V5 earphones if you're able, and see what happens.

First Poster

Do you have any tried and tested recommendations in terms of similar v5 earphones? I can't see that there's much about yet.

AntS Moderator

As an official Samsung peep, I'm unable to recommend any suitable third party ones for you (there aren't any official ones out yet). But hopefully another member of the Community can help out with this one. :robothappy:

First Poster

Well can anybody advise on a set of earphones that they find to work with the s9 plus? If the Bluetooth 4.1/4.2 work id rather pay around £20 for one of those than much more expensive 5.0 ones.

First Poster

I've been using VAVA Bluetooth 4.1 wireless sports headphones without issue (Amazon £22.99)

Explorer

I had this problem with my TaoTronic earbuds. They are BT4.1, however I found that I was not puting the headphones into 'pairing mode' properly. Try holding the power button down longer (7-8 seconds) and then see if the S9+ recognises them, it did with me (I too was just getting the MAC address) - Worth a try! :smileyvery-happy:

First Poster

Excellent stuff!!! This worked 

Holding down the power button on my bluedio headphones for a little longer after the "power on" notification allowed it to enter "pairing" mode and I could see it immediately in the list of bluetooth devices on my S9+.

I had been trying for  over 30 mins when I came across this post. 

Top Liked Authors