Support

Open search

Bixby Voice not working

My S9 did the exact same thing yesterday. I sat for hours reinstalling the apk and resetting my device. Once I did some deep researching I found a video where the guy shows you what the issue is. So with samsungs last update they released a dummy update which essentially disables the feature until a final update is released. You can see if yours is a dummy update by following these steps. go to settings -> Apps -> Bixby voice -> Mobile data. If you scroll down you will notice that it says Bixbydummy. Also on that page you will see a time frame eg. 1-31 May. From what I understand this date is the time frame of which the next update will be released in.

Explorer

My bixby  has been playing up since day 1. Voice doesn't wake up have to use the button . And volume  is very all over the place. 

Apprentice
Thanks for this bit of news it's I pity that the technicians at Samsung don't know this information it might have saved me many hours on the phone talking to people who really don't have a clue what to do apart from following a crib sheet
Explorer
It's half and half working just now.
Apprentice

@Ricardostewart2wrote:

My S9 did the exact same thing yesterday. I sat for hours reinstalling the apk and resetting my device. Once I did some deep researching I found a video where the guy shows you what the issue is. So with samsungs last update they released a dummy update which essentially disables the feature until a final update is released. You can see if yours is a dummy update by following these steps. go to settings -> Apps -> Bixby voice -> Mobile data. If you scroll down you will notice that it says Bixbydummy. Also on that page you will see a time frame eg. 1-31 May. From what I understand this date is the time frame of which the next update will be released in.

I found away to start bixby voice.

Go to settings then apps at the three dots on top right choose Show System apps. Find  BixbyDummy clear cache then clear data and Force stop it. Then open the Bixby home screen and go to the settings that will now appear on the top right and setup Bixby voice. IMPORTANT!! I think that you only have one chance to do this because if you try to go back to BixbyDummy to force stop it that option has disappeared.

Hope it helps.

Now have anyone gotten the Bixby alarm briefing to work. I only get the weather with the appropriate tune and sometimes she only says "news by google" but no headlines and the alarm continues to ring. Any help anyone?

Explorer
Thanks I'll have a look into trying this later . Not tried the alarm thing yet so sorry can't help with that.
First Poster

Thank you for, that I tried your directions, but my Bixby is still not working on my new S9 with voice command

4-28-18  Just got my S9+ 4 days ago. Bixby wake up voice command worked great! Not sure if it was an update or what but no when I try to use the voice command the bixby symbol show up in the notification bar for a sec. & then disappears! I clicked on it real quick & it said bixby app running but quickly disappears. I seen all the posts from last month but none for this month. I was wondering if everyone's probably was resolved & I'm the only one still or what??? Please help! Love the concept of bixby

Highlighted
Apprentice

no, still not working, think everyone has just given up posting about it!

I have been a real Sammy fan, have loads of their tech but I have to say I think they have really dropped the ball with the S9. Loads of features don't work/been removed, feels like a product rushed to market to beat Apple and not fulled sorted.

I have been prepping my S7 Edge to give to my partner this weekend and tbh prefer it to the S9, which is a real dissapointment given the price of the S9.

cheers,

mM

Observer

When I open Bixby settings and scroll down to voice wakeup it is marked off then going to voice wakeup screen and clicking on   a screen comes up which says record your voice and no matter how many times I speak all I get is cant hear you How can I fix this please

Top Liked Authors