Support

Open search

Battery

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Just got my new Galaxy S9 plus it needed charged but I fell asleep will I have done damage to the battery? Does fast charge make battery die quicker? How do you switch off fast charge?

Tia 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Awww thank you so, so much all advice greatly appreciated
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL Moderator
@weekels: You don't need to worry if the left your phone on charge after it reached 100%. Ideally we would recommend disconnecting it full charge however you shouldn't see a decline in the overall battery life as a result. If you would like to disable Fast Charging then please go to Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery > Tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > Advanced Settings > Fast Cable Charging > Off.
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @weekels

The phone is clever enough to go onto trickle charge after it reaches 100% so it doesn't draw any further power than what it needs. 

Some people recommend not to let a battery reach 100% and not drop below 10-15%

In regards to Fast Charging if you Google you'll see lots of sometimes conflicting opinions on this topic.

From the process reduces the effectiveness of the battery over time to people who have only ever fast charged and found no issue. 

Look at it this way they wouldn't add a feature that could have a negative impact on the phone. 

My rule of thumb is to use it only when I need a quick burst of charge and instead use normal charging predominantly.

Fast Charging can make the phone warm up a little more too but that shouldn't adversely affect the battery or phone. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice
Awww thank you so, so much for helping me out. Does the S9+ have bigger memory? I've been trying to find it. Soz I suffer fibro fog, really affects my memory at times
Apprentice
Awww thank you so, so much all advice greatly appreciated
Superuser I
Superuser I

Very welcome @weekels

The specs can be seen here in samsung galaxy-s9/specs.

Current Phone ~

Apprentice

Screenshot_20181223-010503_Device maintenance.jpgMine didn't give me the choices you suggested. Hope this scenshot works

Superuser I
Superuser I

Another way to access fast charging is to swipe up from the bottom of the phone and you'll see a Search Phone option.

Type in Fast Charging and press the magnifying icon to search.

You'll see the option then @weekels

Or go into your settings app, advanced features, accessories and it's there too.

Current Phone ~

Top Liked Authors