Support

Open search

Batter on S9

First Poster

I've always had an iPhone but was talked into a Galaxy S9 which after 3 months I still don't really like.  The battery life is rubbish ... I charge it to 100%, and it loses 5% with me just reading an email!!! I've got all background stuff turned off so have no idea why.  My partner has the previous version and his does not have this problem. Is my phone faulty???

1 REPLY 1
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Batterys9 

Unfortunately it's not always a quick fix to problem solve battery worries.

Yes it could be the battery failing however what I would first suggest to do is this in order.

1. Check your battery stats in the phones battery section to see what is using your battery. Perhaps screenshot that and post it here in your thread.
  2. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working which can help determine if this is a rogue app(s) that are causing battery drain. If battery drain stops then come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time until it stops. 
  3. If drain continues in Safe Mode then one last resort is to back up and remove any Sd card and factory reset. Again this is a last resort that you can do to help.
  4. Use a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store to have a diagnostic test run on the phone.
  5. Go back to the source that supplied the phone for help if it wasn't Samsung that originally supplied it and ask about your options.

Samsung apply a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty on their phones so as yours has only been owned for a short period of time you'll have no issues getting support. I assume it's never been dropped and the water indicators haven't been tripped.

Battery output is a subjective topic as many factors can affect usage times / screen on times such as a poor network signal and in some cases sd cards etc and app settings and preferences etc.

I look forward to perhaps viewing your battery stats screenshot if you decide to upload one and hopefully a positive outcome for you.

The Samsung Galaxy s9 is a powerful phone so let's hope you can start enjoying using it as it was meant to function. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors