Support

Open search

BT Sport

Apprentice

Are you in the UK and on the EE Network by any chance?

Also yes, it was really easy to uninstall!! 😀

-
Phone - Samsung Galaxy S9+ (Exnos)
-
Explorer

Yes I am! 

That might explain it.

AndrewL Moderator
Hi guys,

EE are currently offering 3 months free subscription to the BT Sports app so this is likely to be the reason that it has been added in a recent update. To find out more please check the link below:

https://ee.co.uk/why-ee/bt-sport
Explorer

@AndrewL wrote:
Hi guys,

EE are currently offering 3 months free subscription to the BT Sports app so this is likely to be the reason that it has been added in a recent update. To find out more please check the link below:

https://ee.co.uk/why-ee/bt-sport

Thanks for the explanation Andrew. I'd still rather they mention it than just include it in an update but that's something I'll take up with EE.

Thanks for clearing up the mystery.

(Would love some moderator input on the One UI threads - we're feeling very unloved and unheard by Samsung right now.)

Apprentice

Looks like that's it. I really don't think it's fair that carriers have the ability to install apps into android phones, if it was done on apple's phones there would be uproar 😂

-
-
Superuser I
Superuser I

Totally agree. 

I think then as my Note 9 is direct from Samsung the network have no say apart from carrier updates.

I'm not impressed that such a blatant push of App is the right thing for Samsung to let networks do.

Many don't like network bloatware as it is !!

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Apprentice

I actually don't blame Samsung for this really. Since the first android phone Google have made it the norm to allow carriers to add bloatware to the phones where apple did not. I guess that having a few carrier apps also makes the phone slightly cheaper for us as well.

-
-
Top Liked Authors