Support

Open search

As a very loyal customer, I'm disappointed

First Poster

I've been buying Samsung phones since 2013. In today's market, I don't think you find that someone sticks with one manufacturer for so 3 phones in a row, other than Apple consumers. I didn't know whether to put my complaint in the title or not, for fear of not being taken seriously. How in the world is the S9 not getting the Fortnute Galaxy skin? They're treating it as a promotion for the Note 9, but it costs nothing extra to give the skin (without the V-Bucks) to everyone that owns a Galaxy. Galaxy owners, no matter how old the phone is, should be able to represent their Galaxy phone!? But it's especially absurd that the S9 released half a year ago is not included in this. This has made me realize how neglected Galaxy consumers are compared to other consumers. Instead of one flagship a year, Samsung releases two. And along with the release, so goes all of the favor. This is typical of manufacturers to neglect devices that aren't the latest, but with Samsung the time that Samsung cares about you is halfed. If any other manufacturer had made a deal like this six months after the release of a flagship, the flagship would have gotten it. But because Samsung releases two separate lines a year, us S9 users are screwed over. I've tried contacting customer support by chatting online, calling, and now this. But I've only been told "the skin is a promotion for the Note 9" repeatedly. The 6 month old GALAXY device doesn't get the Galaxy skin to represent their Galaxy phone. I can't believe after being a loyal customer since the S4, this is how I'm treated. Samsung made the wrong move by limiting the GALAXY skin at all. It should be on all Galaxy devices. If this isn't addressed, I'll make sure everyone I know stays away from Samsung and their greedy schemes.

6 REPLIES 6
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @davidfifth

I expect my phone to be supported for a good while in regards to software updates and security patches which at the end of the day are crucial. 

It's up to a person what choices they make when choosing hardware to insert their SIM in to makes calls, use data and as importantly play games. 

It's also user defined to what is important to them in regards to other things. 

Would not having a skin for a game prompt a person to drop a piece of hardware like a flagship Samsung Phone because of a skin or something that does not add a enhancement feature ?

For me No But I'm not a avid gamer who would really want the skin. 

But I 100% respect your insight on this and hope Samsung take onbaord your thoughts on this. 

I wish you all the best with your future decisions.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Pathfinder

Just wait until the phone and Fortnite is out, find a store demo-ing the phone and download Fortnite.

Hey presto, you got the skin.

First Poster

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Superuser I
Superuser I

Sounds plausible @SithLord

I've used the Note 9 in the Samsung Experience Stores in the UK and because they are running retail mode they wouldn't allow me to download anything however. 

I hope the Op gets what they are pursuing. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Pathfinder

So, from what I'm seeing, it's worse than that...

UK purchasers of note 9 might NOT get the exclusive skin, only those in regions that give the V-Bucks pre-order bonus.

Yet the fortnite skin page lists the skin as unlocked by playing one match on a note 9 or tab s4?

First Poster

@SithLord wrote:

So, from what I'm seeing, it's worse than that...

UK purchasers of note 9 might NOT get the exclusive skin, only those in regions that give the V-Bucks pre-order bonus.

Yet the fortnite skin page lists the skin as unlocked by playing one match on a note 9 or tab s4?

scummy inxedi

Top Liked Authors