Support

Open search

Ar emoji charges

Explorer

Be careful when send them through your normal messages app. I've just been charged £20. Not happy as no mention about this to avoid this do the following

Messages settings (by going to Settings and then Text messages), then select UniCode instead of automatic to prevent unexpected charges.

Hope this helps

Sean

9 REPLIES 9
Explorer
On the back of this don't send emoji via normal messages app as it charges you for ar emoji. My network just refunded me. Come Samsung sort this out please.
Explorer

To be honest most people know not to send anything other than text and standard emojis thru normal text as they will turn it into a MMS message that costs money. Nothing samsung can do to fix this. 

Explorer
So what's the point in having the ar emoji feature. This should be mentioned in the emoji section that network charges may occur. I'm tech savvy and I want aware.
Explorer

Send them free thru whatsapp, Viber or Facebook messenger

Apprentice

@sean7wrote:
So what's the point in having the ar emoji feature. This should be mentioned in the emoji section that network charges may occur. I'm tech savvy and I want aware.

What happens when you send a picture through your standard text message app?

The same applies for this - it's pretty obvious

Highlighted

I have just been charged for imojis on my  longer texts.  I have never been charged before. Can you tell me where I find Text Messages in settings and this UNICODE . 

Ive fell prey to the charges too .. looks we are all dumb according to some responses :o ... i wasnt aware as it wasn't made obvious.. its not being dumb its being unaware through lack of info , there should be a warning presending at the least.. ive sent a small message with emoji and as it sent it changed to mms .. cant stop it so its not at my knowledge til it sends .. i know not to do long messages as it will convert but a short short message with one emoji .. get a grip at 45 pence sheesh

Obvious to you maybe.. well done for being super smart lol
Thanks for that much needed info , very useful for me and many others .. just not to the smart arses it seems
Top Liked Authors