Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App icons appear as watermark?

(Topic created on: 23-02-2020 05:27 AM)
Carolahmed
Student
Options

Hello, i am attaching here a screenshot of my problem. The icon apps on my home appear when I open every other app here. They look like watermark in the background. How do I turn this off??? It makes it hard to read some stuff. Mine is a s9 plus.

Ps: I just realized that when I take a screenshot it doesn't show up, which makes me think it's the screen itself? My boyfriend took a picture with his phone. IMG-20200222-WA0051.jpg

Screenshot_20200222-231055_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm not really seeing what your experiencing @Carolahmed from the screenshots.

Edit 》 After looking again I can now.

Could be screen burn which happens on some mobile phone screens.

Maybe pop into a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre and they can take a look.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Carolahmed
Student
Options

Thank you for your help!  I know it's hard to see it, it's too bad it doesn't show up on my screenshot, cause it's much more visible for me. But anyway, I think I'm gonna have to take to one of these samsung places you told me. Thank you 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Carolahmed: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad and select Red, Green and Blue from the series of grey tiles, is the issue present in any of these tests. If so then, further to the advice offered by BandOfBrothers, please visit a Samsung Support Centre near you to arrange an inspection. You can find your nearest one by checking the link below, selecting 'Mobile Device' and entering your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Carolahmed wrote:

Thank you for your help!  I know it's hard to see it, it's too bad it doesn't show up on my screenshot, cause it's much more visible for me. But anyway, I think I'm gonna have to take to one of these samsung places you told me. Thank you 

You're very welcome @Carolahmed 

Sometimes when an item has been static too long on a display it can leave a ghost picture of itself.

With screen burn in the ultimate resolution is to have the display replaced.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Yaathriya28
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem, if you have found how to turn it off, could you tell me?

Thanks for reading, have a great day!

0 Likes
DFM_53
First Poster
Options

Did u get any solution of this problem??

0 Likes
DFM_53
First Poster
Options

It will be great if u kindly share the solution of the problem

0 Likes
harryboy
First Poster
Options
Got these on Samsung s9 plus like pink colour icons in the background of my screen tried everything to remove them but nothing
0 Likes
vob
First Poster
Options
I have exactly the same problem on my a71
0 Likes