Support

Open search

Android pie beta program

Apprentice

I'm sure this has already been posted but there too many pages to go back through...

I used Odin to change to BTU from H3G, then used update.zip from SD card to get onto Pie. I've enrolled on the beta program through the members app once I was in. 

Can I use Odin to revert to Oreo and uodate OTA without having to factory reset?

Pathfinder

@mp9345 wrote:

I'm sure this has already been posted but there too many pages to go back through...

I used Odin to change to BTU from H3G, then used update.zip from SD card to get onto Pie. I've enrolled on the beta program through the members app once I was in. 

Can I use Odin to revert to Oreo and uodate OTA without having to factory reset?

You might not get back in, I think once you flash back / reset (Which you have to do to go back to Oreo) you lose your registration to the beta program, and it is now closed for the UK

Apprentice
Thanks for the heads up. Do we know if there will ever be a chance to get OTA if we used update.zip?
Pathfinder

@mp9345 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. Do we know if there will ever be a chance to get OTA if we used update.zip?

No idea, definitely not if you are not registered, but all the OTA update.zips are over on XDA now, right up to current release

Highlighted
Apprentice
Does anyone have the link for the update.zip from ZRKA to the latest update on S9+?
Explorer

@mp9345 wrote:
Does anyone have the link for the update.zip from ZRKA to the latest update on S9+?

Here you go, happy flashing 

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s9-plus/how-to/official-stock-firmware-t...

Navigator

http://soldier9312.de/#piebeta 

Enjoy, this guy has latest beta versions also 👌

Apprentice

I side loaded the first update via adb, then it let me update to the most recent one OTA hopefully they will keep that going!

Explorer

@mp9345 wrote:

I side loaded the first update via adb, then it let me update to the most recent one OTA hopefully they will keep that going!

How do you mean, are you even registered for the beta??

Apprentice

I registered after updating through update.zip on SD card. But then when everyone was saying they got an OTA update, I assumed I didn't as I did it through update.zip and that I wouldn't receive any future updates OTA.

Top Liked Authors