Support

Open search

Android pie beta program

Highlighted
Explorer

Patience people. You need patience!

Explorer

Can anyone confirm if banking apps like Barclays work on the beta? 

First Poster

@JamieWarren wrote:

@Abiodun wrote:

@Bradleigh wrote:

There is a few ways to apply update.zip, this is the easiest IMO..

You can do it via ADB but that is something to difficult for some & requires a laptop with more tech knowledge. sorry..

You will need:
Samsung S9 or S9+
1x (Min) 2GB SD-CARD
Internet

Little Technical Knowhow

Lets get into how i done it..:

1. Download the update.zip on your device..(DO NOT EXTRACT)
2. Move or copy to an SD-CARD inside your device..
3. Turn phone off
4. Hold power + bixby + volumeup, only let go of power when logo apears, KEEP holding other 2 buttons..
5. Wait till you see recovery mode
6. Use volume keys to move up and down.. then select apply update from SD-CARD
7. It will then ask you to select the folder/file
8. Press power to select update.zip you downloaded earlier that is now on the SD-CARD
9. Wait for it to verify & let it restart itself..
10. Be patient as above step can take upto 30minutes

You will not lose data, all apps and files will stay on your device, but as always backup just incase..!! 

Installed on XXU for myself, worked like a charm for me, no issues at all..

Samsung Members APK LATEST VERSION

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-members/samsung-members-2-4-70-11-r...

PLEASE READ!!

This is to just update from a BRJ6 firmware To One UI...
Check your version in settings>software information...
If you have a BRJ3 firmware i can't promise you that this will work.
Check to see if you can update to the latest November Security Patch, im sure this gets you BRJ6..

This is just an update.zip (ALL SAFE)

I do not accept resposibilty from what you do to your device, you are held accountable for anything that may happpen.. 

Any Problems report back here, i will reply when i can

So i did this last night and it all installed perfectly - tried to use Google pay today and it says its no longer available as i might have rooted my device... any idea if this can be fixed? 

its because it doesnt see the beta as offical firmware.

i figured this - i was wondering if there was a way to correct it? like can i update to the offical beta firmware when its finally available?

Navigator

Barclays banking app supports android 9.0 so I imagine/hope that it does

Apprentice

Banking apps work at least hsbc and bank of scotland do for me. Google pay doesnt work yet because of the beta status and it will only get fixed in beta 4 or 5 like last year.

Explorer

That's absolutely SICKENING.

TracyR Moderator

Hi all,

Just popping another quick message in here.

We'd strongly recommend against installing software through any unofficial means, this will trip Knox and void your warranty - also known as rooting. 

Once a phone has been rooted you wouldn't be able to un-root and re-install official versions of software. This may also  cause stock apps, such as: Samsung Pay and Google Play Store not to work. It may also affect some secure third party apps, such as banking apps.

I understand that it's frustrating waiting for the Beta Program (we all hate waiting for things), but I'd recommend waiting for your Members Notifications rather than the alternatives. 

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

I flashed with my SD card through stock recovery just fine. Just sat on flashing system for a while but it's working like a charm. Haven't stumbled on any bugs so far Screenshot_20181121-124802_Settings.jpg

First Poster

@TracyR wrote:

Once a phone has been rooted you wouldn't be able to un-root and re-install official versions of software. This may also  cause stock apps, such as: Samsung Pay and Google Play Store not to work. It may also affect some secure third party apps, such as banking apps.

This isnt true - the boot into recovery from SDcard does not root the device. I can see that the official version of the beta has also caused Google Pay to not work for Essential and Pixel phones, it required Google update the devices to their servers (it also happened with 8.1 beta). 

Navigator

I think we should all just accept that we aren't going to get this beta programme as we have carrier locked phones and wait till next year 

Top Liked Authors