Support

Open search

Android Auto freezing while connected to S9+

Highlighted
Navigator

I've been using an S9+ since April 2018 for Android Auto with no issues until a few months ago when it started to freeze up. Spotify stops playing, maps don't navigate and the entire screen freezes. When I try to press the screen it goes black. I've tried 5 different cables including the one which came with the phone but no luck. Today I tried it with my partner's Samsung A8 and it worked perfectly and didn't freeze at all. I recently upgraded to Pie and the issue persists. Its driving me insane. From reading forums there's clearly an issue with the phone. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
AndrewL Moderator
@misty71: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your S9+. To begin with please perform a soft reset to address any temporary software issues that may be affecting the performance of the device. To proceed simply press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the device restarts. I also recommend checking for any software updates for your car's on board system to address any compatibility issues with Pie (this can usually be done via the manufacturers website). Let us know how you get on.
Top Liked Authors