Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 / One UI 2.0 feedback

(Topic created on: 11-02-2020 01:43 AM)
Gbr
Explorer
Options

Android 10 seems to be rolling out for the S9/S9+, and as usual, there's a number of things that feel obvious enough, yet somehow slipped past the numerous beta tests - and/or QA. Let's post the issues we find here.

After booting up, the request for the encrypted device PIN is in a different  language than what the device is actually set to. Seems like something that aligns with the inserted SIM's locale, but at any rate, it is annoying and cannot be modified.

The keyboard's adaptive theme that's supposed change "to fit with the colors of each app screen" still seems to be broken: either the functionality itself, or the description is incorrect. It does change according to the device's dark/light mode - at a global system level, not per app.

The light theme still looks atrocious with the colour palette being a direct copy-paste from Pixel devices, and does not fit with the design of Samsung's own devices at all. This time however, it's even worse in the quick panel toggles, where the size of the icons seems to have been enlarged to gigantic proportions. This is not even affected by the font size or zoom level settings of the device, which makes them look even more out of place and inconsistent.

The Always On Display still does not rotate with the device. This "feature" has been introduced on the S10, and a year after its release, it's still not trickled over to other models - I'm quite sure there is no technical issue (hardware or software) that prevents other devices from having this detail, so kindly port it over. 

11 REPLIES 11
Alan85843234994
Explorer
Options
I've been on to Samsung report via the 'Members App' about the strange startup language (Mine is Portuguese). They said try a 'soft reboot' which didn't make any difference - it's back with them.

An annoyance for me - the Dual SIM options (Eg to quickly switch mobile data between SIMs no longer appears in the 'quick panel' when you pull down the status bar. You have to swipe down twice to get it. There is an option under the 3-dot menu to include it, but it doesn't work.
Gbr
Explorer
Options

The option for wallpaper motion seems to be completely gone for some reason, at the very least it's no longer there when setting a wallpaper. Why did this have to be removed??

"Wallpaper services", video wallpaper, and slideshow can still only be applied to the lock screen - I'm sorry, but in a world of AOD and biometrics, where so many of us have a setup that completely bypasses the lock screen... WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT OF THIS??? Furthermore, what exactly is the cause that these features aren't usable on the home screen? Because I honestly can't think of anything that would make sense. Please enable these things on the home screen as well; it's like we're getting more and more powerful devices, and yet features that would take use of that power and had existed before, are just stripped away one by one for no reason.

Gbr
Explorer
Options

I don't know whose idea it was to have a new, separate page to allow/deny each and every single app permission, but it's a royal pain in the ass. The old toggles worked perfectly well and were a lot more simple. Now trying to enable or disable app permissions is just annoying: instead of one direct toggle, there's an entire page for each of them - and what's more, with One UI's penchant for that forced one-handed usage, save/cancel buttons don't even appear at the bottom. It's either the back button at the top, or the back system gesture. In some cases a warning pops up telling you about the "dangers" of the setting you choose, and that offers the options, but that's it. Bring back the toggles please.

Koki1
Explorer
Options

LED indicator do not show Missed calls.

Anyone else have same issue?

0 Likes
Alan85843234994
Explorer
Options

@Koki1 wrote:

LED indicator do not show Missed calls.

Anyone else have same issue?

Yeah, same here.

0 Likes
Robinl
Pioneer
Options
Don't forget to also send your feedback on Samsung members app on your phone because it seems nobody from Samsung actually cares about this forum...
(and don't reply saying that this is a "community" forum so people can help each others but samsung has no obligation to reply here: they have)
0 Likes
Koki1
Explorer
Options

Robinl:

I did report that isuue by Samsung members app. Their reply: "it is not issue reported by many users. Please visit Service center for help."

Robinl
Pioneer
Options
That's a freaking outrageous reply ! I would send them the exact same issue again several times until they give a meaningful reply (pretty sure they won't but at least it annoys them)...
Spiffy
Apprentice
Options

Yes many people have this.   The latest phones do not have an LED.   So the CODE to Run the LED was dropped from the first Android 10 release.   I think more notifications are screwed up but the LED not Flashing Blue when you get a new text annoys me the MOST.    I started a Twitter #SamsungBrokenLED

0 Likes