Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An issue regarding One UI 2.0 (I can't get the update)

(Topic created on: 20-02-2020 12:32 PM)
BusySteam5
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9 which I bought from Amazon, unlocked. The model number is SM-G960U. I've looked online for help but I can't seem to find any suggestions. I've even tried checking for software updates through the Settings app and I still can't receive the update. I'm tempted to flash my phone to get to One UI 2.0, but I don't want to risk damaging my phone permanently. Is there any other way I can get the update? 

7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you download the phoneinfo app from the Playstore and see what your active CsC is.

I'm guessing Xeu which is a phone that is factory unlocked but not supplied directly by Samsung.

Resellers from Amazon typically source the phones from other countries and import them @BusySteam5  which can lead to slow or in some cases no updates as they are grey imports meant to be used in another country.

Also try using the Samsung Smartswitch software to see if you can update that way.

If your country has Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centres then try there too.

Custom Roms can bring issues if the wrong one is used or the process goes wrong. I'd suggest to look on the xdadevelopers website for further information.

Read up on potential pros and cons of going down this route.

Disclaimer : A person attempts a Custom Rom at their own informed choice knowing such a process can render a phone unstable or in the extreme unusable.

Samsung would usually then levy a charge to try and put a phone back to how it should work.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BusySteam5
Apprentice
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Can you download the phoneinfo app from the Playstore and see what your active CsC is.

I'm guessing Xeu which is a phone that is factory unlocked but not supplied directly by Samsung.

Resellers from Amazon typically source the phones from other countries and import them @BusySteam5  which can lead to slow or in some cases no updates as they are grey imports meant to be used in another country.

Also try using the Samsung Smartswitch software to see if you can update that way.

If your country has Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centres then try there too.

Custom Roms can bring issues if the wrong one is used or the process goes wrong. I'd suggest to look on the xdadevelopers website for further information.

Read up on potential pros and cons of going down this route.

Disclaimer : A person attempts a Custom Rom at their own informed choice knowing such a process can render a phone unstable or in the extreme unusable.

Samsung would usually then levy a charge to try and put a phone back to how it should work.

After downloading the app, my phone's active CSC code is XAA.

I have tried the Smart Switch app to no avail.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @BusySteam5 

Using Google search the “XAA”, “USA unbranded (default)” 

Are you in the USA ?

If not then this is possibly the updates are slow or non existent.

0 Likes
BusySteam5
Apprentice
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi @BusySteam5 

Using Google search the “XAA”, “USA unbranded (default)” 

Are you in the USA ?

If not then this is possibly the updates are slow or non existent.

Unfortunately not.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

So if your not in the states it looks like the phone is a grey import which as I've mentioned can mean slow or no updates in some circumstances.

0 Likes
BusySteam5
Apprentice
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

So if your not in the states it looks like the phone is a grey import which as I've mentioned can mean slow or no updates in some circumstances.

Ah, that makes sense. It looks like I'll have to wait for the update, most likely.

Options

I have a Galaxy S9, also grey import I found out. It says TPH (Portugal), even though I bought it in the Netherlands (PHN), where I live. And I don't mean to discourage you, but I've contacted Samsung many times to ask how I can get the Android 10 update and they also keep telling me to just wait. I even tried the Samsung Repair Service, made a pickup appointment and 5 days later I received my phone back still running on Android 9...:shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

Haven't received any updates since 1st of december 2019...

0 Likes