Support

Open search

AKG heandphones with the S9 are terrible?

First Poster

Hey,

Anyone else think the sound quality from the AKG headphones that come with the S9 are particularly poor?

I cant get any base and the low end sounds super tinny

20 REPLIES 20

Mines sound fine so far, maybe look to see if you can get a replacement on the warranty?

Do you have Dolby Atmos enabled as well? That may make a difference for now whilst waiting for a replacement.

And I would also give Adapt Sound a try if you haven't already.

Best,

Nick

CarlH Moderator

Hi @BU77. Have you tried your earphones with another device or even an alternative pair with your Galaxy S9? 

Highlighted
Explorer

I wasnt too impressed with the sound but its ok i did think they be better. 

I dont like the shape of the buds i prefere the ones we got with s7 edge. 

Explorer

@BU77 wrote: Anyone else think the sound quality from the AKG headphones that come with the S9 are particularly poor?

I cant get any base and the low end sounds super tinny

I have to agree. Before I got my BT headphones to pair, I tried the AKG ones along with all the fancy effects, equalizer setting etc. and found the sound very poor and tinny/metallic - I found the sound that bad that I stopped listening to music off my phone. :smileysad:

Explorer

Same here, the quality is even better with the "traditional" samsung headphones.

Apprentice
as newbie to the World of Samsung I've been particularly disappointed with the sound from the akg eat phones and the s9+, it's like going back to the old Salman days...
First Poster

Same as. Very tinny and the buds don't stay in the ears. For the price, I hoped for something better.  Disappointing and spoils the experience.

First Poster

To get them to stay in your ears push the external, the bit branded with AKG, back and down against the hollow of your ear.

First Poster
Thanks for the tip, I must have small ears as they still don't seem to stay in very well. Will have to go back to the ones that hook over the ears.
Top Liked Authors