Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 ultra sim manager comes on at startup?

(Topic created on: 24-03-2020 01:37 PM)
Bryden
Pioneer
Options

Every time I switch on my phone the sim manager pops up, no apparent settings to change, I click done and back to normal. But why and how to stop it? Or maybe there's a setting I need to to change. 

Everything works fine 

78 REPLIES 78
Weatherman
Navigator
Options
Hi Everyone- my summary of this is - If you have a SIM card in both slots 1 and 2 it does not bring up the SIM Manager every time you turn your phone on. If you have an eSIM or just 1 SIM card it does. Is this what you are all finding? If so we all need Samsung to please fix this, thanks
0 Likes
Markp41
Journeyman
Options

So I tried the fix documented in this thread yesterday where I moved SIM card from slot 1 to slot 2 ( while also removing my micro SD card ), started phone and when SIM manager came up showing SIM card was in slot 2 I selected done. Powered phone off and swapped SIM card back into slot 1 and put micro SD card back in. Powered back up and this has seemed to fix the issue for me.  Also did the software update last night ( it asked me to confirm SIM which I think is normal ) but have done several restarts since and so far so good. 

0 Likes
BarikUK
Helping Hand
Options

Possibly fix it with ATCH firmware. Yesterday updated (UK BTU phone) and no more Sim Manager after restart.

| Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro |
Weatherman
Navigator
Options
Must say it seemed to work for a while when I tried this process, but a day later it failed. I just have an eSIM now and even after yesterdays update I got the SIM manager this morning
0 Likes
KirilK
Explorer
Options

@KirilK wrote:

I have eSIM and regular sim on my ultra + microSD card.

Problem I have albeit minor is that every morning the SIM manager pops up and tells me it will disconnect the eSIM for a little while while to check the physicial SIM cards.

I can confirm that for the last 2 days the ATCH update has not shown the SIM manager message in the morning.

Today my phone seemed to be restarted over night but no message came up. Good Job Samsung!

Now give us RAW files from all cameras 🙂

Weatherman
Navigator
Options
I wonder what update I have in my phone, how do I tell? I just have an eSIM and, although not a big problem, the SIM manager comes up after a couple of minutes every time I turn the phone on.
0 Likes
KirilK
Explorer
Options
When you open the settings at the bottom there is option about phone software updates (blue purple icon with a rotation arrow). You click on that and in the following screen press on the button for "last update" the bottom option. Then on the third screen scroll to the bottom and you will see the version strings.

The version is very long and hard to read. It goes something like G988B....

The last four characters seem to always change in an update. So I look at them. On my phone they say ATCH. Size of the update was 368.27MB

I am using the European version with Exynos chip. I read that snapdragon update comes a but later. I also am not sure if the version string is same for Snapdragon. Snapdragon is used in USA and China phones as far as I know. Exynos is everywhere else.

I hope this helps.
Weatherman
Navigator
Options
Hi KirilK - Lovely guide you gave, thanks. Yes I have the same update, but with just an eSIM I still get the SIM Manager pop up each morning
Jonathan1205
Samsung Helper
Options

Great help KirilK

KirilK
Explorer
Options

The May update ATD5 broke the SIM Manager again and it started showing up every restart.

The solution is simple. Press "Cancel" when it pops up and it will not show again after restart or in the morning.

0 Likes