Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 Ultra support for MicroSD card UHS-II ?

(Topic created on: 14-02-2020 07:30 PM)
Cemil2565
Journeyman
Options

Does the new S20 Ultra supports micro sd cards UHS-II

(i know that it works but does it benefit from the extra performance(speed), does the phone have more pins ?)

31 REPLIES 31
Cemil2565
Journeyman
Options

samsungmicrosd.PNG

this is more affordable but i dont think it will be good for 8K 😞 samsung we need V30s pls

MildlyImpressed
Explorer
Options

I see, that's a good one. However, the Sandisk Extreme is only slightly behind that one in read speed by 10MB/s. It's significantly cheaper where I am though. That's why I said it's the best price to performance. Both check all the boxes for use in a smartphone. 

0 Likes
MildlyImpressed
Explorer
Options

test1.PNGtest2.PNG

0 Likes
Cemil2565
Journeyman
Options

2.PNGthanks for the infos, i will be buying one of this two then, thx

Solution
MildlyImpressed
Explorer
Options

No problem. I had this same question and went to researching. I am glad I could assist you. I bought this myself! test2.PNG

Cemil2565
Journeyman
Options
black bar your adress from the photos if you want :smiling-face:
MildlyImpressed
Explorer
Options

This is completed lol. I was going to at first, but wanted to quickly respond. Have a great rest of your day!

C2k
Student
Options

Does the S20 support Samsung's UFS card and would the read/write speeds meet the same specs for video recording as the SanDisk extreme? 

I'm looking at the cards mentioned in the post, UFS is only 256 tho and $100 USD. Thoughts?

0 Likes
MildlyImpressed
Explorer
Options

That's a good question. However, I don't believe that they will support this card. The phone needs specific support for it and not even the note 10 supports it. I think you would be better off with the SanDisk extreme and more space. They don't support uhs-ii speeds so they definitely wouldn't support 500mb/s read even if it could read the card. Uhs-ii speeds are around 200-300 mb/s and the uhs-i extreme is 160 mb/s read. 

Fredriksson_nem
Student
Options

Guys, why dont you just buy the Samsung UFS card and use instead of the regular UHS-I / II Cards.

The UFS is compatible with the ULTRA.

0 Likes