Support

Open search

S20 Random Restarts

Highlighted
Apprentice

Oh Thanks for your reply.

I hope it would be the same in Australia.  You know... Samsung in Australia is.... not as same as Sansung in other developed contries

Highlighted
Navigator

Yes exactly the same here,getting really sick of it now, no pattern to it can happen at any time even did it this morning afer switching on.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I have the S20 plus and I have the same issue. It gives no prompts, just randomly reboots. Very annoying. I hope Samsung can address this in an update very soon. 

Highlighted
First Poster
I have the same here on my S20+ (Portugal).
Sent report to Samsung. Hope they can resolve it fast.

Hi all,

Cheers for those error reports!

The developers reckon that they've found the source of the issue, and are working on an update to resolve it. No timescale on that, but hoping it's soon for you guys - so keep a look out for it coming your way.

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted
Explorer

@AntS can you confirm that it is a software problem?

Highlighted

@giospecial , The developers didn't explicitly say as much, but given that they advised a software update would be the remedy (as opposed to advising repair/exchange options) I reckon the reports the developers received pointed to a software cause.

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted
Explorer

@formiche @ AntS the doubt comes because this problem affects few phones

Highlighted
Explorer

Well, I did a factory reset on my phone , and I don't want to say it helped but for a day now I haven't noticed any restart. Still the phone overheats , so I ordered a replacement,  try a factory reset for yourself there are some reports that it helped and some say it did not. EE has a shortage of s20 ultras atm due to the pandemic, so mine will come within two to three weeks. So if you have an s20 or plus model you may bo more lucky than I am.

Highlighted
Navigator
Did exactly the same with mine, lost all my albums in gallery, phone was ok for all next day, then switched itself off again. Don't get too excited yet!
Top Liked Authors