Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 5G supported 5G networks

(Topic created on: 24-02-2020 12:05 PM)
Bxd
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I'd like to get confirmation from a Samsung source with regards to the 5G networks that S20 5G supports in UK/EU. Does it supoort mmWave networks? The information so far is conflicting. I just got off a chat with Samsung support and they were adamant that S20 5G supports mmWave networks. This is in conflict with the information that is out there in the press. I think a clarification is needed. Thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AntS
Options

@Bxd , So the answer is that all 5G variants of the S20 support both Sub6 and mmWave, but it's down to the network as to which one is supported in their particular case. This may account for any conflicting info that's out there.

View solution in context

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
From what I'm aware. Only the S20 plus and the ultra have mmWave 5g the standard S20 does not have it
Bxd
Journeyman
Options

Yes, that was my impression as well but after chatting with Samsung support ImI confused with what is true. That's why I'm asking someone from Samsung to confirm.

AntS
Options

Hi @Bxd

I've asked for some confirmation/clarification on this one at our end, and will let you guys know what I find out. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Bxd
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply AntS. When do you expect to have a response?

0 Likes
peter-h
Explorer
Options

Most of the UK land area (known as the "countryside") doesn't even have 3G/4G, so 5G is not a big fish to fry :smiling-face:

Bxd
Journeyman
Options

It's a matter of personal preference peter-h. If you live in such areas you go for the 4G version. Also for people who don't change their phones often like me, this is a point of interest. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries @Bxd. I can't give a timescale on response for that confirmation, but I'm hoping that it's not too long.

0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

@Bxd , So the answer is that all 5G variants of the S20 support both Sub6 and mmWave, but it's down to the network as to which one is supported in their particular case. This may account for any conflicting info that's out there.

Bxd
Journeyman
Options

@AntS thanks for the response.