Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Samsung planning on issuing discount vouchers for the new models again this year?

(Topic created on: 13-02-2020 03:50 PM)
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

I preodered the S10+ last yeas as part of the upgrade program, but shortly after preordering, received an email with a £50 discount voucher. I couldn't retroactively apply it to my order, so was told to cancel and reorder. The cancellation process for my preorder was moving incredibly slowly (I'm talking weeks, and if I held out any longer I wouldn't have been able to keep the preorder bonus of the Galaxy Buds). In the end something was figured out, and I didn't cancel, and I was happy with the solution. However, I'd rather not deal with that again as it was pretty annoying. Right now though the fact that it might happen again is putting me off preordering. Don't get me wrong, it was great that they sent out vouchers, but the timing was terible as it was after a load of people had just preordered.

Does Samsung have any plans to do this again (issuing discount vouchers to people on the upgrade program)?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AntS
Options

Hi @ConcreteLlama, IIRC from what we were advised last year, the £50 discount voucher was a one-off goodwill gesture for Upgrade Programme customers. :thinking-face: I've not heard anything about something similar this year in any of the briefings we've had at our end. 

0 Likes
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. I hope my post didn't come across as shady, I just really want to preorder the S20 Ultra without thinking "ah ***** it happened again" - that sinking feeling when you order something then receive a voucher for the thing you just ordered half an hour later. I think that was partly because last year I preordered the second the upgrade window opened up (before I got the email).

0 Likes
AntS
Options

LOL. Yeah, I know that can be a tad... annoying. It's cool - and no worries, ConcreteLlama. :smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes