Support

Open search

Wireless power share doesn't work with Gear Sport watch?

Explorer

My new S10 is great so far but the wireless power share feature does not work with my Gear Sport watch. Could this be due to the clasps on the watch which mean the back can't lie flat against the S10?

8 REPLIES 8
Explorer
Bumpity bump
Troubleshooter

Is your watch the gear three? Is so different charging technology so won’t charge from phone.Gear S3 is not Qi charging compatible.

Explorer
No it's the Gear Sport. I've since managed to make it work but the placement of the watch must be very precise. As I said above, the back of the watch is raised from the phone due to the design of the clasps. This can't help with wireless charging. Do the new watches come with flatter backs?
Explorer

I have the Galaxy Watch and don't seem to have any troubles. It does require quite specific placement on the back of the S10 (I could do with a little X that marks the spot). 

Why is it that the clasps cause this problem? I thought the Gear Sport was quite similar to the Gear S3/Galaxy Watch. Can you share picture?

Highlighted
Explorer

Yeh am having a problems with my Samsung gear 2 sport watch too.  I've taken of the bands and placed on phone, it starts to charge then within 10 second it beeps and stops charging.. I still have my S9+and that charged of the s10+ fine and it works fine.. Any help would be good as it annoying me now.  Like the watch don't want to be buying another one

Explorer

Do you have the gear fit  range? These have the curved screens. 

I thought the Gear Sport could have a normal watch strap and was quite like my galaxy watch

Explorer

Gear Sport. The metal clasps that the strap attach to lift the back of the watch above the phone so poor contact.

Explorer

Ah. I get you now. 

Top Liked Authors