Support

Open search

Sound Effects [concert hall, equalizer wheels, etc]

Apprentice

this is quite a naggy little thing but I just wanted to make sure it's not just my device.

 

The s8 and s9 sound effects had the bass/treble scroll wheel and concert hall sound effect. My s10 does not. Samsung keep telling me that these features are still there but I do not see them in the sound effects settings.

 

In my opinion these settings where amazing as I could really ramp up the bass for my earphones which sound tinny without the amplification. I would use an equalizer from Google play but none of them sound as well optimised as Samsung's sound effect options.

17 REPLIES 17
Explorer

Try installing sound assistant this is part of Good Lock 2019 or downloaded from play store, it's a Samsung app 👍

Highlighted
Apprentice
Yeah, my first idea was this app. However, on my S10+ the equalizer wheel and concert hall effect have just disappeared. It's such a shame.
Troubleshooter

@Ryan20 wrote:

this is quite a naggy little thing but I just wanted to make sure it's not just my device.

 

The s8 and s9 sound effects had the bass/treble scroll wheel and concert hall sound effect. My s10 does not. Samsung keep telling me that these features are still there but I do not see them in the sound effects settings.

 

In my opinion these settings where amazing as I could really ramp up the bass for my earphones which sound tinny without the amplification. I would use an equalizer from Google play but none of them sound as well optimised as Samsung's sound effect options.


Only one I can find is.

Sounds and Vibration/ Advanced sound settings/ sound quality/ Equaliser / custom

New Member

Same, pretty p****d they took it away.  I even went as far as finding an older variant of the Samsung Music app to no avail.  It appears that anything involving "sound manipulation" is rerouted from the Samsung Music app to the internal settings of the device.  Thus if those features were never on the device to begin with, than they'll never be on there unless Samsung patches it.  I don't know why they'd strip it down so much to almost no ability to tweak the sound settings.

Apprentice

@Luke_5119 wrote:

Same, pretty p****d they took it away.  I even went as far as finding an older variant of the Samsung Music app to no avail.  It appears that anything involving "sound manipulation" is rerouted from the Samsung Music app to the internal settings of the device.  Thus if those features were never on the device to begin with, than they'll never be on there unless Samsung patches it.  I don't know why they'd strip it down so much to almost no ability to tweak the sound settings.


Finally, someone who understands!

First Poster

I really hope it gets added soon :/ i can't change the sound to what i want

Apprentice

@Joeysm wrote:

I really hope it gets added soon :/ i can't change the sound to what i want


I don't get wht they removed it in the first place to be honest. I feel like they're trying to push Dolby atmos but they removed perfectly fine features to do so

Apprentice

Here's an update for you guys:

 

After speaking to Samsung they appear to not know about the lack of these features and don't know why they are not there. They seem to think they should still be there.

 

20190324_231935.jpg

 

I have sent screenshots to them and I am awaiting a reply.

 

Explorer

Please can you post the update again I can’t see anything 

Top Liked Authors