Support

Open search

Samsung s10 pre-order Switzerland Unlocking

SOLVED
Explorer

Hello,

I am an exchange student in Switzerland for a year and i want to pre-order the samsung s10 through a retailer provided on the Samsung Swiss page.

Before doing so, i want to know if its possible to unlock the phone for worldwide sim use. Ie. i am from Australia so i obviously want to be able to use the phone with my Australian sims.

If it is possible, does anyone know the steps and how long it will take?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I
5 minutes calling with a local simcard usually does the trick. But I would indeed ask the seller just to be sure. The S10 is very new and due to that the new policies are at this point kinda unclear.

That said, a phone usually get localized updates - Which means that you get updates from Switzerland that are optimized for there. Another issue might be getting replacement parts when you are back in Australia in case of a warranty scenario (I never needed it, but you never know).

If the unlock fails for any reason the old procedure was to request an unlock code, this process takes around of a month after the request (Effectively making grey importing impractical). Once again: The procedures might have changed for the S10
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Superuser II
Superuser II
Hi, usually when samsung lock phone, you just need to use it 1 hour with a sim from the country you bought it, and it is unlock !
But for the S10 maybe it changed ... try to ask to seller before buying it

Have a good day
░▒▓█▀▄▀★AlexRambo★▄▀█▓▒░
Next Setup : Fold 5G + Note 10
Actual Setup : Note 9 dual sim 512gb + S6active
Past : S4,S5,S6,S6E+,N7,N7s,S7E,S8+,N8
Superuser I
Superuser I
5 minutes calling with a local simcard usually does the trick. But I would indeed ask the seller just to be sure. The S10 is very new and due to that the new policies are at this point kinda unclear.

That said, a phone usually get localized updates - Which means that you get updates from Switzerland that are optimized for there. Another issue might be getting replacement parts when you are back in Australia in case of a warranty scenario (I never needed it, but you never know).

If the unlock fails for any reason the old procedure was to request an unlock code, this process takes around of a month after the request (Effectively making grey importing impractical). Once again: The procedures might have changed for the S10

You can get the unlock code for your phone from unlocking websites, such as unlockplus. If you can use your phone with any SIM in Europe it is usually regionally locked, in this case when you get to Australia it did not work with your Australian SIM card. It needs to be unlocked by regional unblocking code or take care to get a prepay SIM card from Europe, from this European SIM you make a call of at least 5 minutes to any number in Europe. 

Heare you have a link with the region lock solution I hit and helped me get out of the mess with my S8 phone. I think S10 is the same

Top Liked Authors