Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Upgrade Program

(Topic created on: 22-02-2019 06:53 AM)
wolfdreamzz
First Poster
Options

Hi. I just been on the upgrade program for the last year.. I am a bit disappointed or I might be wrong but just went through the hole put your details in ext and when I got just before the end you get nothing back for paying off a phone for a year . Surely with you putting a deposit and 12 months payment to you should get something back towards the newest phone... not have to pay another deposit .. and then its said if the phone is not grade A top class you might have to pay a surcharge . If the phone comes with a 2 year warranty if there's anything seriously wrong it should be covered by the warranty... 

5 REPLIES 5
TH3ROY
Navigator
Options

@wolfdreamzz wrote:

Hi. I just been on the upgrade program for the last year.. I am a bit disappointed or I might be wrong but just went through the hole put your details in ext and when I got just before the end you get nothing back for paying off a phone for a year . Surely with you putting a deposit and 12 months payment to you should get something back towards the newest phone... not have to pay another deposit .. and then its said if the phone is not grade A top class you might have to pay a surcharge . If the phone comes with a 2 year warranty if there's anything seriously wrong it should be covered by the warranty... 

lol warranty means hardware failure not user damage and your getting a new phone so why you complaning for ? Your giving a used phone so they put the vaule of that towards your new phone what more do you wont ? Dont tell me your after an freebie ? LOL

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
RBbest
Student
Options

They don't take nothing off you start again 

0 Likes
RBbest
Student
Options

@TH3ROY wrote:

@wolfdreamzz wrote:

lol warranty means hardware failure not user damage and your getting a new phone so why you complaning for ? Your giving a used phone so they put the vaule of that towards your new phone what more do you wont ? Dont tell me your after an freebie ? LOL

They don't take nothing off you start again 

0 Likes
Pilsy
First Poster
Options
Hey wolfdreamzz,
I'm not sure whether I understood you correctly:
You already have an older phone from Samsung that you want to sell to Samsung to get a surcharge for the S10 series, but unfortunately your device is damage too seriously for being sold back?
If so, I guess you might be unlucky, but there are still some things you can try:
At first, you should check whether your smartphone's damage is covered by the warranty (please check the agreement you got with your phone). If so, you might be able to send back your damaged phone, rely on the warranty and get the surcharge as if it's a new one. But to do that, you might have to contact the Samsung support directly or do it step by step yourself.
However, if your smartphone isn't covered by the warranty, your only option is to send it back as a part of the "Samsung recycle" service.
I wish you the best of luck to find a good solution.
Great regards Pilsy
0 Likes
Janmeson
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for your concern but now could you please let me know what is the best way to get rid from these kind of issues in future?

0 Likes