Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ screen timeouts

(Topic created on: 14-04-2019 04:01 PM)
Carpman1
Apprentice
Options

Hello  can anyone please help me just moved over from oneplus  and every time I set the display screen timeout from 15 seconds to 10 minutes it changes back to 15 seconds the next day why will it not save this its becoming very annoying to have to reset this every day back to 10 minutes 

I've  set to timeout to 10 minutes  and reboot the phone and it's still reset it the next morning to 15 seconds 

Many thanks in advance 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options

@Carpman1 wrote:

Hello  can anyone please help me just moved over from oneplus  and every time I set the display screen timeout from 15 seconds to 10 minutes it changes back to 15 seconds the next day why will it not save this its becoming very annoying to have to reset this every day back to 10 minutes 

I've  set to timeout to 10 minutes  and reboot the phone and it's still reset it the next morning to 15 seconds 

Many thanks in advance 

Have you looked at. Device care/ Battery/ settings/ Optimise setting / off or on?

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Carpman1: I was able to recreate this issue on one of our S10+'s whereby I would set the timeout time to, for example, 5 minutes, restart the phone and it would revert back to its default (15 seconds). It actually seemed like the display settings were crashing as it booted me back to the Home screen when I went to check the timeout time. I will raise this with our R&D guys and get back to you when I have any more information to share. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.
Carpman1
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks  for your  reply  optimised setting is set to on https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8ibeflgfv3hvru/20190414_155123.jpg?dl=0

0 Likes
Carpman1
Apprentice
Options
Many thanks 👍looking forward to this being sorted once and for all 😉
0 Likes
Carpman1
Apprentice
Options
Still reverting back to 30 seconds from being set to 10 minutes a permanent fix would be nice in the next update
0 Likes
Screentimeout
First Poster
Options

I have the same S10+ problem: set to 5mins, reverts to 30 sec randomly. Any solution yet?

0 Likes
Screentimeout
First Poster
Options
Did you solve the problem @Carpman1?
0 Likes