Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Explorer

#cara

U can check menufacture date by this app in play store

(Phone info)

Okay so today has been the eye opener for me, I mentioned it on here a while back - this is my second S10 plus and first one was the same deal. 

Today I've used Wifi for my data, no 4G on at all but still taking calls and messages - it seems that for sure well in my case and maybe others that 4G data connection really cripples this phone. Today I've been watching videos and testing games, using my galaxy buds and I'm on 52% with nearly 5h SOT! 

I would like to point out that I've put apps asleep and yesterday did a full factory reset.

It still concerns me however, if it's a 4G issue would this mean antenna fault, maybe not as there is still signal coming thru for calls/texts.

Is it something that can be software fixed? Again as I said would Samsung not have picked up on this? Or is it a carrier firmware issue? This seems most likely as there are many who don't have battery issues. 

I'm really not sure - imo I'm okay as it still gets me thru a day and sometimes more so all good. 

Explorer

Exactly the same issue here. I did one full day using wifi only and it was able to get just over 8 hours of screen on time on my s10. 

Then I did 1 full day on 4g only and I just about got 4 hours of screen on time. 

On both of these days I carried out the same tasks on my device and the difference was massive. Half the screen on time! 

As you said it might be an issue with the antenna or something. Samsung please could you look into this because when I'm at work or when I'm driving there is no wifi and the battery drains very fast.

If only Huawei did a trade in program. 

Navigator

@Practicallygeek wrote:

Okay so today has been the eye opener for me, I mentioned it on here a while back - this is my second S10 plus and first one was the same deal. 

Today I've used Wifi for my data, no 4G on at all but still taking calls and messages - it seems that for sure well in my case and maybe others that 4G data connection really cripples this phone. Today I've been watching videos and testing games, using my galaxy buds and I'm on 52% with nearly 5h SOT! 

I would like to point out that I've put apps asleep and yesterday did a full factory reset.

It still concerns me however, if it's a 4G issue would this mean antenna fault, maybe not as there is still signal coming thru for calls/texts.

Is it something that can be software fixed? Again as I said would Samsung not have picked up on this? Or is it a carrier firmware issue? This seems most likely as there are many who don't have battery issues. 

I'm really not sure - imo I'm okay as it still gets me thru a day and sometimes more so all good. 

Wow!!!  And the 10 hrs SOT I got was on wifi...I am in Sweden visiting a friend and hes got an S9 and we tend to get similar-ish battery life it seems...BUT it sounds like an antenna issue for the S10 for wifi vs 4G connections.  I am not an engineer so I don't know if it can be fixed by software for sure or not

Need a Samsung rep to be looking into this, I may go back to my local Samsung store and tell them - see what they say and if they can point the issue better. I went with my first (release day handset) and they plugged it in etc but nothing showed. I'd imagine they are only getting the same as what the Samsung members check lists does and says.

May see what they say regarding this wifi vs 4G - may take some screen grabs of today and show them. I hope it can be fixed with software, I'm really not in the mood to do another set up with a new handset only to have same issue or just do it all again. 

Listen I love Samsung but I started the year with the Mate 20 Pro and absolutely couldn't get used to the UI - camera and battery was insane and kinda miss them now.  . . .wonder if I shud see trade ins for P30 Pro  

Apprentice

I read on here that Samsung Acknowledged there was a batch of phones on release that had the battery drain issue. Did Samsung actually advise what manufacturing date the phone was for that batch.

Mine is 21/02 and get around 3/4hrs SOT...

Explorer

20190420_085018.jpg

Check here

I had 3 hours screen time in 16 hours

Still half battery life

Explorer

20190420_085018.jpg

Can anyone suffering the same issue as me or please check wifi vs 4g or any type of data connection.

Also please state what firmware your running on - Samsung unlock, EE and so on. 

Update - Phone has just died on 7hrs 15 mins just over 24 hours on battery - this would have been higher indeed if I'd done today on wifi but I'm running a virtual reality centre nearly everyday so had to use 4g this morning and left it on  so for 5 hours ive used only 4G - 

this is insane that 4G in my case and others takes so much battery, I will go to samsung store near me through the week and see what they come up with - I'm hoping to get screen shots of a day on 4G and show them the difference.  I'm over my 28 days now with EE but have seen people say Samsung have actually swapped their EE devices for their own, I'm not looking or hoping for a swap but hoping someone there can be a bit more helpful. 

Explorer

finally i am flashing my device with complete stock firmware 

ater that i will charge it full and will post the battery statics 

after flashing and using it for few hours

Top Liked Authors