Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Navigator
PG I will PM you shortly and with instructions as I found the instructions given need a bit "more" to them!

@cara1 wrote:
PG I will PM you shortly and with instructions as I found the instructions given need a bit "more" to them!

Thank you @cara1 

Navigator

@Practicallygeek wrote:

@cara1 wrote:

Thank you @cara1 

Sent. Good luck!  BTW all...now heading over the 7 hour mark SOT in a 10.5 hour and counting period with some heavy-ish usage.  Am at 38% battery....and yes I have been on wifi all day but still

Apprentice

@cara1 wrote:

@Practicallygeek wrote:

@cara1 wrote:

Thank you @cara1 

Sent. Good luck!  BTW all...now heading over the 7 hour mark SOT in a 10.5 hour and counting period with some heavy-ish usage.  Am at 38% battery....and yes I have been on wifi all day but still

Cara that sounds great. It seems you've find the solution. Could you PM the steps to me too so I can have a look? 

Still I'm not sure if I'd do it.. it really annoys me I'd have to do all this geek stuff to put my phone as IT SHOULD be working, risking to break it. Just doesn't seem right to me and annoys me a lot. 

I remember DOS but I'm not a good user of it. I've never done coding. I consider myself just a standard user and I would do something only if I see step by step and think it's safe.

I may end up selling it and buying other brand if I find this too complicated to do... 

Thanks for the help by the way.

Navigator

@WynD wrote:

@cara1 wrote:

@Practicallygeek wrote:

@cara1 wrote:

Thank you @cara1 

Cara that sounds great. It seems you've find the solution. Could you PM the steps to me too so I can have a look? 

Still I'm not sure if I'd do it.. it really annoys me I'd have to do all this geek stuff to put my phone as IT SHOULD be working, risking to break it. Just doesn't seem right to me and annoys me a lot. 

I remember DOS but I'm not a good user of it. I've never done coding. I consider myself just a standard user and I would do something only if I see step by step and think it's safe.

I may end up selling it and buying other brand if I find this too complicated to do... 

Thanks for the help by the way.

Will PM you. Probably shouldn't be talking about this on a Samsung forum but....they kinda deserve it!!  I don't remember how to enter DOS off by heart but a few years ago it was the only way to start my laptop as the hard drive died 

I'm not a coder or developer either but I work with them and also understand it

Apprentice

Thanks cara. As I said I'll take a look at the steps and options. I'll have to read a lot and make sure I understand how to do everything before trying. If it looks too complicated I'll just leave it and may end up selling the phone (for a much lower price than what it costed me :/).

It would be helpful to find maybe a YouTube video of someone doing the things you explained needs to be done. Seems it is working for you so I hope it works for my note 9 too.

By the way, you have the exynos version too?

Explorer

@MV7 wrote:

A little predicament I am in.

This is my 2nd replacement S10 and I still have an issue with the battery life - SOT is around 3.5-4hrs.

On the 20th of April my 30days returns policy for the replacement handset will end.

Do I go for another S10 or go for a Huwawei P30 which has been proven to have a much better battery life?

Exactly same for me but I'm on my first replacement

Highlighted
Explorer

@MV7 wrote:

A little predicament I am in.

This is my 2nd replacement S10 and I still have an issue with the battery life - SOT is around 3.5-4hrs.

On the 20th of April my 30days returns policy for the replacement handset will end.

Do I go for another S10 or go for a Huwawei P30 which has been proven to have a much better battery life?

Exactly same for me but I'm on my first replacement

Explorer

@Cara

I try and avoid overcharging, so either charge and unplug it before bed or leave it on charge first thing in the morning.

I can confirm 4g\LTE takes a lot more juice. I was out all day, playing music streaming on 4g and a bit of Google maps.

LTE

Navigator

@bigjig wrote:

@Cara

I try and avoid overcharging, so either charge and unplug it before bed or leave it on charge first thing in the morning.

I can confirm 4g\LTE takes a lot more juice. I was out all day, playing music streaming on 4g and a bit of Google maps.

LTE

That's great to know and backs up Practicallygeek's theory.  I have been on wifi all day and am operating at almost 10 hours SOT now in a just over 13 hour time period (I consider it heavy usage today as well that I have done)

Top Liked Authors